free website stats program In addition to new pipes...what else do I need? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

In addition to new pipes...what else do I need?

Well, I am not totally mechanically iliterate...however, adding exhaust and tweaking fuel mixtures will be the first time I have done it, and it's not exactly something I want to do on this bike by myself. This thing cost a pretty penny and I don't want to do anything to mess it up...I would LOVE for someone who knows how to work on them stand over my shoulder though and walk me through it.

Good advice....I believe this will be a multi-stage project for me.
i installed my exhaust and air cleaner.. i bought the super tuner and had the dealer dyno. the bike runs great, i like to tinker with things, so if i would have bought one of the fuel managers that you adjust urself i know i would always be messin with it so i went with something only a dyno could do. that way all temptation is eliminated:bigsmiley24:

Well, I am not totally mechanically iliterate...however, adding exhaust and tweaking fuel mixtures will be the first time I have done it, and it's not exactly something I want to do on this bike by myself. This thing cost a pretty penny and I don't want to do anything to mess it up...I would LOVE for someone who knows how to work on them stand over my shoulder though and walk me through it.

Good advice....I believe this will be a multi-stage project for me.

You have a whole forum here to watch over and help you if you choose to buy the parts and install them yourself:D

I would LOVE for someone who knows how to work on them stand over my shoulder though and walk me through it.
Study up on the "TTS Mastertune" kit. It is an interface which momentarily plugs into the data port in your wiring harness. With it you can take data logs while riding and reprogram the system yourself.

First thing is to make a copy of the programming presently in the bike and save it to a file on your computer. You will not be able to open it in the software for inspection, but it will always be there just in case. It will "brute force" back into place if ever necessary.

Then you pick the closest map for your setup, make a few temporary changes to it, and make 3 or 4 data-logging runs. The result of each run get used by one of the TTS programs to generate changes for your map. You then load the result back in and do it again. Like I said, 3 or 4 times are usually more than sufficient.

Then you back out the couple of temporary changes you'd originally made, and you've got a spot-on tune over the bottom 90% (maybe more) of where you will ever use the engine.

It all takes maybe a Saturday morning if you take your time. If you want that last few percent to be spot-on too, you can stop by a dyno for a couple of runs. Or not.

The entire process is very well described in provided documentation.

Best first money spent on the bike, even if nothing else gets done.

Not on an 09 or newer it will put it back to stock as long as you do not to extreme such as stright pipe and SE heavy breather
However you will get NO gain from your mods other than looks
anything older spot on
It won't put it back to stock power levels if you free up the breathing in a reasonable manner. If you don't get outside the adaptive fueling envelope, it'll be back to stock emissions levels, but the more air in/out will be accommodated for more power.

I'm not advocating relying on the system that way, though. It's best to reprogram the ECU for your new parts and let it use the autotuning the way it was meant.

Last edited by a moderator:
JKT69
Do you belong to the local HOG? If so you might find some guys there that can help? Visit some local bike nights. Talk to people there. You would be surprised how most are willing to help or tell you who can & who to stay away from. Might help at least you have a chance to meet some good people.

Back