free website stats program Importing my 2004 Road King to Canada | Harley Davidson Forums

Importing my 2004 Road King to Canada

harley_me

Im living in Vancouver Canada now and my bike is still in Seattle.
I need to pass Canadian inspection and that will include changing my lights to daytime running and getting kph put on my speedo...everything else should be ok...i hope..

I dont want to buy a new speedo but maybe use stickers (just for the pass) or a new face that has both will do also.

Do i have to swap out the light or can i work with what i have.

Anyone had any experience with changing these over?

all advice is greatly appreciated :newsmile07:

Where did you get your information.You will have to give US customs72 hours notice that you are exporting a bike to Canada.You will need all you documents. In Ontario the speedo stays in mph. The bike is considered a recreational vehicle. The headlights are on all the time, you don't have to do anything to them. You will have to get a letter of recall from a Harley dealer saying that all the manufacturers recalls have been done. After all that is done you take the bike to Canadian Tire and they give you your federal certificate(no charge). I have brought 3 bikes from the US into Canada. A little bit of a pain but no big deal

kemo

Hi Kemo .. thanks for the quick reply.. im already aware of the (EDITED) at the border.. but ive been told that my speedo has to be in kph.

I was under the assumption that ALL US bikes do NOT have daytime running lights. Bikes that are 15yrs old are exempt ..

I spoke with Canadian Tire this morning and he mentioned the light and speedo thing.
This is a federal inspection so it should be the same across the country. You say you havent had to do either of these?
Then after that I have to go for provincial inspection..

so lets say I DO have to do these mods ... any idea as to the best way to go about it.
thanks again

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
You shouldn't have a problem with the lights. I think CTC has the speedo numbers. When I did mine they said that they could put them on the speedo but most people would rip them off after they left so they didn't bother doing it. Like I said I have brought back 3 bikes and the speedo and lights have nt been an issue. Make sure you have that letter of recall. I have never paid for one in the States but Deeley charges for them here I think.
kemo

harley_me

I just bought a 2006 ultra classic off of a dealer that had imported from the states and the speedo is in MPH and the headlight is on when running. It had a safety just prior to my purchasing it. I am in Manitoba Canada so I would think it would be the same across the country. Good luck:)

Last edited:
Tell me about "CTC" and where can I find a sticker for my MPH to KPH? I shipped my bike over from the States to the middle east and plan on shipping it back when I'm done here so don't want to swap speedo's. A sticker on the glass would be nice but no one over here knows anything about that.

CTC is a store in Canada. Canadian Tire Corp. it is contracted to do the federal safety inspection. If you like I can see about getting you the stickys for the speedo but I don't know why you would want to clutter up your speedo face with junk.
kemo

it called speeding tickets...on the highway not a problem but in city sometimes i may go a little fast hahaha. As long as I can remove it EZ I'll try it.

Back