free website stats program Im up in the air | Harley Davidson Forums

Im up in the air

gsxrboy96

Ok, so im prematurely tearing down my superglide, it only has 19k on the odometer, I have a jug gasket leaking and am gonna freshen up the upper half, Now my big dilemma, Im gonna bore the jugs myself, Do i go with a stock 8.5 to 1 piston, or do i do the 10.1 to 1 pistons???? what do you guys see as the pros and cons of both?

p.s this is a 93 superglide. evolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, is the up compression the only thing you want to do? Have you already cammed up?
What about carb and ignition system? There is much to consider. That much comp. could be too much for the stock starter leading to compression releases or upgrade of starter. I'm currently working the same idea over and this is what I have found. I have 50K on my ultra evo and I'm going for a bottom end too. The EV27 cam from Andrews was recommended and 9.5:1 compression. Some mild head work for heavy touring and an upgraded ignition module and a TFI unit (mine's fuel injected). Just remember one thing leads to another and on and on and on............. Good luck and keep us posted.

It has a se11 camshaft and a screaming eagle ignition module, other than that its stock, I run the stock cv on all my harleys, so i wont be changing the carb, it has sampson ground pounder exhaust, I was just told that too much compression could harm the weak evo cases? thats why i asked about the compression.

Back