free website stats program I'm told my brake lights flicker | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm told my brake lights flicker

I believe my brake lights are flickering on and off which may have something to do with my front hand brake. The brake is pretty soft which I think is a separate issue and likely can be fixed by simply adjusting the tension on the brake lever. It seems that if I push forward on the hand brake the flickering will stop. So how do I fix this issue? Do I need to replace a switch in the hand brake area or tighten up the lever somehow?

It ould be nice to be able to get in the switch with some contact spray first but i would imagine that they are sealed units as they sit "outdoors" a lot. Replacing might be the only option.

I believe my brake lights are flickering on and off which may have something to do with my front hand brake. The brake is pretty soft which I think is a separate issue and likely can be fixed by simply adjusting the tension on the brake lever. It seems that if I push forward on the hand brake the flickering will stop. So how do I fix this issue? Do I need to replace a switch in the hand brake area or tighten up the lever somehow?

More than likely the switch is either out of position or needs replacing.

I noticed your other post about not getting your cruise control to operate. The brake lite issue would explain that. Get your brake lite issue fixed and your cruise control may very well be taken care of.:)

I noticed your other post about not getting your cruise control to operate. The brake lite issue would explain that. Get your brake lite issue fixed and your cruise control may very well be taken care of.:)

YOU ARE AWAKE AREN'T YOU? :DGuess I missed the link.

Check the bushing in the front brake lever. Mine was worn on my RK and caused the lights flicker due to slop in the bushing.

I had a highway patrol trooper pull me over and give me a warning because my brake light flickered...apparently he didn't know about the LED "Hey you idiot I'm stopping" feature...

Hey Hagatha, good one...:newsmile100:

But you certainly don't want to tell the "peace officer" that...he might give you more than a warning...!:small3d015:

I was also stopped a couple of weeks ago by a female cop who wanted to know why my brake light was constantly on. She was good and didn't hassle me. I took my master cylinder apart and stretched the spring. All is fine now but I am going to put a new kit in.

Back