free website stats program I'm thinking bad fuel | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm thinking bad fuel

dmaxbandit

I have a 08 Road King that I filled up with 93 octane fuel first thing Friday morning & then rode 26 miles to work, everything was fine. I left work that afternoon heading home & only made it about 4 miles and from a stop light it started spitting and sputtering and just running extremely rough & almost died. I got pulled over, shut the engine down waited a minute or so & then tried starting it again & it didnt start. I got it home & tried starting it again & it started, it run but barely & then died after only running for maybe 10 seconds. I think bad fuel but not sure. any help would be appreciative?

a wise man (Jack) once told me to use "Sea Foam" every few tanks...and it worked for me....

This is weird, but my bike always runs cruddy on Cheveron gas and always runs great on Shell and safeway gas...Also, I follow the above advice, only I use Stabil and MMO (Marvel's Mystery Oil) every few tanks. Goodluck, someone here will give you some greazt advice. also check on the self help section, has helped me numerous times.

Drained the tank & added new fuel with Marvel Mystery Oil with the same results. I drenched a rag with gas & put it on the air filter & the bike started right up & run good. I read on here that maybe its a pickup hose in the tank so it looks like im fixing to open the tank & take a look at that. Any advice?

Drained the tank & added new fuel with Marvel Mystery Oil with the same results. I drenched a rag with gas & put it on the air filter & the bike started right up & run good. I read on here that maybe its a pickup hose in the tank so it looks like im fixing to open the tank & take a look at that. Any advice?

Harley Davidson Forums Have a look here

Back