free website stats program I'm one of the haves now | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm one of the haves now

BOWHIKER

I hate to admitt it but it happened . I cleaned the garage floor so I rolled the train outside to wash the floor , after it was dry rolled it back in . Keep in mind this was on a Monday . Then I went to work on both front and back wheels cleaning and polishing them , did a roll back a foot and then back ahead to get everyting polished . I should have used the bike lift but ws too lazy to get it out just for that little bit of work . Bike is spotless , don't touch it until Friday morning at 6:30 a.m. and that was to lift it up off the left side ! Thursday night after 10:00 it was setting pretty , sometime during the night it decided to fall over on the left side , I can only figure out that the kick stand must not have been all the way forward but it took that long to fall over , $1350.00 in damage , windshield , both mirrors , derby cover and shifter . I straightened the shifter but ordered a new windshield , mirrors and derby cover . Insurance is covering all but $500.00 , parts ended up being $490.00 and change , they are giving money for labor even though I'm the labor . The best part is I saved 20% by buying the parts from Surdyle HD in Missouri over my dealer here in Des Moines !

Yes it did stink , and by the way I always thought these things weighed a lot but when I bent down and picked it up and put it back on the kick stand I didn't even think it weighed anything . I didn't realize that until I was done LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it did stink , and by the way I always thought these things weighed a lot but when I bent down and picked it up and put it back on the kick stand I didn't even think it weighed anything . I didn't realize that until I was done LOL.

Try lifting a bagger!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Try lifting a bagger!!

Been there! Twice unfortunately. Lucky for me both of the times it wasn't my bike. On a bike run my dad dropped his old bike in a parking lot and on another run an older man dropped his in a park. I saw a demo in Laconia of a tiny little lady picking a bike up. If you push down on it real quick the upward momentum makes it easier to pick up. I didn't believe until I tried it. It works

Back