free website stats program I'm looking to buy my 1st HD '11 RK vs '07 RK CVO vs '07 RK | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm looking to buy my 1st HD '11 RK vs '07 RK CVO vs '07 RK

72ext

I'm looking to buy my first HD, I've had 80's Honda Sabre and Magna. I've ridden my sons '05 softail delux. I'm looking at a '11 Road King (a 103 & a 96), a '07 Road King CVO 110 and a '07 Road King 96. Mainly I'd like to know if the '11 is that huge of an upgrade from the '07 CVO. I know the '11 compared to the plain '07 is the new frame difference but I'd like to know the difference between the '11 and the '07 CVO.

The 11 is the one I would go for. But it is all in what you want. Are both bike basically O.E.?
CVO's can demand a higher dollar but in reality when trading in the bump for a CVO is almost non existent.
The comparison is almost apples to oranges except the engine.

The '11 has pipes and bags (not sure if the come with bags). The CVO has 16" apes, so not much for additions for either one.

I looked around on the forum and didn't see how to post pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
When replying to a thread you have Upload a File button. It will take you to your saved items on computer. Click on open and it should land in your reply. There is a maximum size and possibly a minimum of posts needed to be able to download file. Read link which will explain the needed post count to download.
http://www.hdtimeline.com/threads/download-rules.25827/

All Road Kings come with saddlebags, the Classic has leather "look" bags. '07 has throttle cables, '11 has ride by wire (no cables), '11 has rear cush hub. Check each for security system equipped, cruise control, and ABS brakes. These options are worth a few $$ extra.
The CVO difference is basically just an option loaded, special paint bike with a slightly larger engine, that does not hold it's value as well (meaning the extra $8K new, is only $2K used). I would prefer an '11 over an '07 if the price difference was not huge. This is the dealers prime time of year for selling, be prepared for unwilling to negotiate much. These are MY opinions, others will vary.

I would go with the 11 also, the 103 in the 11 is comparable to the 110 in the 07 as far as power and torque. 16" apes on a touring bike are nice if you have much height to you. Like already mentioned the upgrades in 11 are worth having abs, cruise and security. Not to mention fly by wire (debatable by some). 6 gallon fuel cell and brembo brakes. You mentioned riding your sons deuce, there will be quite a bit of difference in riding a road king than riding a softail. Good luck!

They changed the frame from 08 to 09. The 08 has a smaller tire. How'd they fit the bigger tire in the 07 CVO? Is the 07 CVO frame the same as the regular 07 frame?

The 11' is pretty much stock maybe pipes and extra chrome. Both 07's have apes which is what I'd like but the reg 07 is white so I'd have to spend money on putting something on all that white even if it's just some pin stiping. They all have passenger floor boards instead of pegs. I'm leaning towards the CVO because it looks awesome!!! They are all within the NADA book value. By the time I put apes on the '11 I'll be close to the CVO price, I guess I'd rather have the cool looking CVO than the stock looking '11. A lot of guys have told the the frame difference isn't that huge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back