free website stats program I'm Looking For... | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm Looking For...

ProF

I'm looking for a visor of sorts that would go over the row of lights on the tank, under the speedo. There's just no way I can see the turn signal lights in the daytime; I sit too far back, I guess, and the daylight completely washes out the lights. I've checked with all the usual suspects (J&P, Dennis Kirk, etc.), and found nothing. Am I the only one with this problem? Any ideas?

I had the same problem. No solutions, with the visor. I decided that looking down to verify that my signals were on (can't see the actual signals on my RKC) was too dangerous. So I decided to become more visible, and safe by adding a set of these (Muth Signal Mirrors):

220-0224.jpg

They come in a couple of styles and mirror type (curved or flat), and install quite easily. They add signal indicators seen from the front, as well as to the rear, and the ones to the rear pretty much disappear unless active, being inside the mirror faces.

Now, I can simply glance over at my mirror, in the direction of my turn, and verify my signals are on, and vehicles in my blind spot can see my intent as well. Folks say that they are more visible than the signals on my tail, by quite a bit.

A bit pricey, but now that they are on I feel that they are one of my best upgrade expenditures.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I had the same problem on my Dyna. I could not see the lights in sunlight, and nobody made a visor. I made my own visor out of a piece of black plastic I had laying around (an old tinted faceshield would work). It only took a few tries with a piece of heavy paper to get the template right. I scored the folds with a razor and bent it after it had been warmed with a hair dryer. It's attached with a couple of drops of epoxy, been on for about 5 years. I can see the signal/high beam/oil pressure lights in bright sun now. Dyna inst. lights are above the headlight, but something similar should work for your tank panel lights.
DynaInstruments004.jpg

I really like RibEyes solution and they look great on a bike. Breeze yours looks like something harley should be offering, nice job.

Both good ideas, thanks guys. I'm not good with the mirrors, only because I recently bought a set of custom mirrors and really like them.
I'll have to try fashioning a visor on my own. I'd really like one much smaller than what Breeze made, so I guess I'm on my own. If it comes out good, maybe I can go into business!:newsmile093:

Back