free website stats program I'm looking for a little carrying box. | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm looking for a little carrying box.

I've been trying to find a little box, similar to the old tool box, but rectangular.

In my job, I need to carry smaller items, and it needs to lock. I do have a larger ballistic nylon carrier with a solid inner lining. Fitted to my detachable rack it not only sticks way out to each side, but it's a pain to throw your leg o'er.

I'm looking for a chromed, lockable box a tad smaller than a jewelry box. More flat than wide. Once locked, I want it firmly affixed to the rack, and I have strips of live rubber I can cannibalize for cushion between the box and the rack.

Ideally, you wouldn't notice the thing if you walked by the bike.

I've been trying to find a little box, similar to the old tool box, but rectangular.

In my job, I need to carry smaller items, and it needs to lock. I do have a larger ballistic nylon carrier with a solid inner lining. Fitted to my detachable rack it not only sticks way out to each side, but it's a pain to throw your leg o'er.

I'm looking for a chromed, lockable box a tad smaller than a jewelry box. More flat than wide. Once locked, I want it firmly affixed to the rack, and I have strips of live rubber I can cannibalize for cushion between the box and the rack.

Stash tube Not a box but a pretty neat stash tube:s

They are very nice, and I considered getting Harley's version.

The problem is that I do not think they lock. At least I'm not sure. I'll do some research on the security.

(BTW, I like the one with the 'skull' cover. My little Sportster is trimmed in skulls so I could use the skull gas cap. It's shape offers me grip and leverage to twist it off. I think the EFI system creates a partial vacuum in my bike. A fully smooth round gas cap is a bear to get off on a hot day.)

I would say your looking for a "tray" mount UNDER your tail rack from your description...you would slide out the lockable box to access stuff inside without dumping contents. Do you have the dimensions...? I would go to places like Harbor Freight if your looking metal "cashbox" profile or similar for price and selection...maybe sports shops and such. :newsmile082:

The space between the bottom of my rack and that fender is only about the width of a finger near the rear seat mounting screw. Added to that, it's more of a "sport rack." Perhaps 8 inches wide at the extreme.

I do have the detachable fender mounting system. I'm wondering if I should buy their cheapest sissy bar, and perhaps one of their small rear mounted pouches. I suppose I could add some form of lock.

All in all, I'm not really impressed with these items designed for a Sportster with a side-mount license plate bracket.

Back