free website stats program Im going nuts.. | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Im going nuts..

here in Houston things are going wide open, as hard as we can go and still fallin behind. But I hear Texas (and the gulf coast region) has not fallen prey to the economy and weak job market.

here in Houston things are going wide open, as hard as we can go and still fallin behind. But I hear Texas (and the gulf coast region) has not fallen prey to the economy and weak job market.

That must be were everybody's moving to from here. You guys building a lot of residential homes too ?

yes sir. homes, apartments, warehouses, etc. refineries are going wide open. the offshore drilling hold put us in a little hurt. but from the numbers i have seen, Texas has put on more jobs than have been lost in other states.
i think the last numbers i read was in the 400,000 range over the past 18 or 24 months.

yes sir. homes, apartments, warehouses, etc. refineries are going wide open. the offshore drilling hold put us in a little hurt. but from the numbers i have seen, Texas has put on more jobs than have been lost in other states.
i think the last numbers i read was in the 400,000 range over the past 18 or 24 months.

Yep that must be where all the Mexicans (and some white boys) went. Heck if I didn't own a home and wasn't 61yrs old I would move out there. I imagine the oil boom is fueling that area.

Here in Ontario we are still getting some work,but not like other years.It's getting harder and harder for our manufacturing.I am down about 100K in sales and the profit line from those sales has shrunk considerably.My employees are taking more cash home each week then I am.We havea long way to go before we are on the road to recoveryin North America,despite what the Politicians say!

Yep it's a strange situation goin on, I think it's been labeled 'Stagflation'. Prices are still goin up, but work, revenue and paychecks are on the decrease.

I own 2 old metal buildings I have rented to a sign business for many years. I lowered his rent to help him out but he still is having trouble making payments. I've thought about telling him he will have to leave, but I look around at all the other EMPTY rentals advertising and I wonder if that will do me any good. Besides just hate to kick him out after all these years. I also thought of just selling the rental property but even though groceries etc are high, property ain't selling for squat. I would have to almost give it away. It's kinda a unique situation we have goin on.

yes sir, we have plenty of Mexicans, and white boys here building every kind of thing imaginable. Most guys i know are working 70 hour weeks, some 90. I used to do that, not anymore. I limit myself to 30 or 40 now. everything I own is paid for, and I just refuse to work myself into the ground like that. odd thing is, alot of my buddies are working for companies here in Texas, but actually doing the work all over the country. got friends in St Louis, New Orleans, Detroit, New York, Canada and Alaska right now working like beavers during a spring flood. makes no sense, they say in those areas there is no jobs, yet we have all the Texas boys working there.

Here in Ontario we are still getting some work,but not like other years.It's getting harder and harder for our manufacturing.I am down about 100K in sales and the profit line from those sales has shrunk considerably.My employees are taking more cash home each week then I am.We havea long way to go before we are on the road to recoveryin North America,despite what the Politicians say!

I can relate to that somewhat Steve. My dad owned his own business too, and I can remember sitting at the table eating dinner and my mother would ask my dad 'do you think you will get a check this week? You haven't gotten paid since last month and the house payment is due next week.' My dad would only get paid every 3-5 weeks, but his employees always got paid what they were due. I was too young to really understand at the time because we always had food on the table, the lights stayed on, mom had a good car and the kids had clothes on their back and shoes on their feet. But, we also had a large garden, mom would can lots of vegetables, and she would make most of our clothes. :s The thing with owning your own business is that you are the last one to be laid off so to speak, but you are the first one to make the sacrifices to try to keep from laying people off in order to stay afloat until better times come back around. :s

Well said Joy. Mat we can always move to Texas if we get too hungry. Sounds like the oil profits are fueling a boom out there. I got a StepSon out there living off base at Ft. Hood. I might could even bunk there awhile until I got an appartment of my own (if his wife didnt kick me out).

Well RWB......I dont understand why she would do that...:(..I hope you have a good ride this weekend and if you end up in maine stop by....Stay a while,,,,Mabe then my wife can kick us out also:laugh

This seem like a good thread to post this funny on. I received this email this morning. Sometimes all it takes is a little motivation to go a long way.
----------------------
On their wedding night, the young bride approached her new husband and asked for $20.00 for their first lovemaking encounter. In his highly aroused state, her husband readily agreed. This scenario was repeated each time they made love, for more than 40 years, with him thinking that it was a cute way for her to afford new clothes and other incidentals that she needed.

Arriving home around noon one day, she was surprised to find her husband in a very drunken state. During the next few minutes, he explained that his employer was going through a process of corporate downsizing, and he had been let go. It was unlikely that, at the age of 59, he'd be able to find another position that paid anywhere near what he'd been earning, and therefore, they were financially ruined.

Calmly, his wife handed him a bank book which showed more than forty years of steady deposits and interest. Her monthly deposit for 40 Years of $400.00 (avg. 5 times a week times 4 wks a month, $20 x 4 x 5 = $400) for an average Interest Rate of 4 percent compounded.

Initial Investment plus Monthly Contributions: $192,020.00 Paid to wife
Total Interest Earned: $281,626.39 accrued interest for 40yrs
Final Savings Balance: $473,646.39 (close to a half million)

She explained that for more than four decades she had 'charged' him for sex, these holdings had multiplied and these were the results of her savings and investments.

Faced with this evidence her husband was so astounded he could barely speak, but finally he found his voice and blurted out, 'If I'd had any idea what you were doing, I would have given you ALL my business!'

That's when she shot him.

You know, sometimes, men just don't know when to keep their mouths shut. Women are like phones: They like to be held, talked to, and touched often. But push the wrong button and you are disconnected!

Back