free website stats program Im going nuts.. | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Im going nuts..

not any different here glacier have been same as you since 1984 but what i have seen is that you are punished for being legal.you can hire 3 illegals for the price we have to charge for 1 legit employee. all my employees have taxes cut on them and all are osha certified. sooo i do know everyones feeling my only saving grace is that my wife works and the only thing we owe is our mortgage on our home. where do you find a new career @ 57

Yep, I've often said that there are powers that be, that don't want to make some good hard working immgrants legal since the taxes would cost the employer more. You could stop the illegal problem quickly by arresting and fining employers caught working them.

But that is only one facet of our problems, we have a complex mix of problems. Maybe someone will come along with some solutions soon.

dont know if this might help anyone or how you are set up paying your self but im am president of my corporation and as long as you dont have any other employees working for the business you can draw unemployment as long as you have paid it in in yourself.it was a lot of red tape and an appeal or two but i drew it for 6 months last yr.kinda humble feeling to go stand in line but i have paid it on myself since 1984 so i figured it was mine and 1600.00 a month aint bad if you not doing anything else. hope this might help someone

My wife and I had a furniture store, we closed down, file chapter 7 let everything go, house, cars, time shares, anything we owed on. Now we are starting over from scratch. luckly through all of this I work for a stable company and the wife has been able to take time off to recoop and and work part time. Think of it this way if you have a roof over your head you are better off then some. If you can make it through this down turn and still keep the family together it will make you stronger.
Best advice go for a ride, instead of kicking the dog callin the wife (Edit) and tellen the free loading kids to move out.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a worldwide problem, I have a language school in Slovakia, I knew in 2008 it would be really bad this time.

My customers called and said ' sorry, we aren't cutting the training, because there is no
more budget to cut from. '

Not good news.

The wife has a good job here in Italy, working for the EU. (EDIT)job, pays the bills.
But the economy in Italy is no better, I am still struggling to find work.
Tighten the belts, be patient.

On the up side, I am doing more work an the bikes than ever before,
and this Forum has been a great help.

Thanks to all people here at HDT for sharing your wealth of knowledge ! :cheers

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I had a furniture store, we closed down, file chapter 7 let everything go, ... ... ... .. starting over from scratch. .. .. ... .... .. .. Best advice go for a ride, instead of kicking the dog callin the wife (Edit) and tellen the free loading kids to move out.

I like your outlook and got a good laugh from it too. You joined last year but from the amount of posts it appears you are still learning the not allowed word rules here. I had the same problems for awhile, but I've learned a lot of synonyms from it. This is a good forum with great people so it was worth the effort.

So sorry to hear about your Chapter 7, but really heartened by you and your wife's new start. Sometimes I think we are all just a circumstance away from there. Thanks for the good words and here's hoping some silver linings (and new jobs) come to all who are sufferering.

I just figured out how to find the different posts I replied to without searching for hours. I had a slight miss judgement in my verbiage and got the e-slap. I had a vision I was 12 again and was getting my mouth washed out with soap.

Its a good thing someone keeps an eye on the forum.

Most of the time my outlook is about whats happening right now and the near future and how do we fix it and my wife looks at the bigger picture. We balance each other out. If that doesent work go for a ride.

Being retired military & now a Federal employee, I'm glad the government isn't broke....oh, wait a minute..;)

Hang in there all - this economy has to rebound!

Being retired military & now a Federal employee, I'm glad the government isn't broke....oh, wait a minute..;)

Hang in there all - this economy has to rebound!

LOL that's good. Let's hope so anyhow on the rebound. Been 2 yrs plus so far down where I'm at and not much changed. Most folks have already exhausted their unemployment, packed up and moved elsewhere. Hopefully they did find work where ever they went.

I imagine you're ok for awhile since the Federal would be the last to go down. Quite a few states are cutting stuff right and left though, just not enough tax revenue coming in to pay the bills. Lots of folks out in the streets protesting cutting this or that, but no way to pay for it.

Working construction most of my life I've always seen the first and worst of economic dips etc. But in all my 61 yrs on this planet, I have never witnessed anything like what is going on now. And if you watch the news it's also going on in otherwise normal countries like Greece etc.

RWB........Thanks for cheering me up today...:laugh.....Lets look at the bright side......immmmmmmmmm

RWB........Thanks for cheering me up today...:laugh.....Lets look at the bright side......immmmmmmmmm

LOL sorry Mat, you know me, just always saying how it is even if it don't sound good. Course I did start out ' Let's hope so anyhow on the rebound' LOL.

Course it don't matter none what anybody says, what will be will be. Ridun helps (for those of us that can still afford the gas LOL). But hey on positive side, they sell Chinese language lessons cheap now. We might could get in on the ground floor LOL.

But as for this weekend I'm riden up to Ocala way to meet up with two other guys for ridun and socializun. Later guy

Back