free website stats program Im going nuts.. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Im going nuts..

Thanks everyone....Sometimes when my store is slow and the wether isnt good its eazy to think ......What am I doing wrong....But...Im going to look at the bright side today...I have a wonderfull wife...The wether is geting better up here...I will never get fired..I love riding..Also you guys and girls are some fine people...Ride Safe...:bigsmiley17:

Amen to that thought pattern Mat. Even if things are slow it's better than no money coming in at all. I missed it if you have previously posted it, but might I ask what type of business you run ?

I have an old Friend name Jim McGroaty that lives in Maine but he used to come down here in the winters. Haven't seen him in quite a few years, but our jobs separated us quite a few years ago.

Amen to that thought pattern Mat. Even if things are slow it's better than no money coming in at all. I missed it if you have previously posted it, but might I ask what type of business you run ?

I have an old Friend name Jim McGroaty that lives in Maine but he used to come down here in the winters. Haven't seen him in quite a few years, but our jobs separated us quite a few years ago.

I dont mind you asking at all...Im in the furniture business...Im lucky I have a good set up here...My showroom faces main road and my house is behind store and my shop is here also..I can work in the shop and mind the store at the same time..I buy and sell qualty furniture and also build cabinets when I have work...Oh didnt mean to go on so much...

Glad to hear you business is still going. My friend who runs sign business, one of his biggest clients was a huge Statewide furniture retailer. The furniture business is still going but has slowed (like you) and cut way back on their regular sign orders so it has hurt my friend quite a bit.

Actually I say he is my friend only because I have known him so many years. The truth of the matter is my wife and I own the old building that he rents from us to keep his shop in. When times were good we got $1600 a month rent from him for many years. But about a year and half ago his cash flow started failing him and he appealed to me for help. I lowered his rent to $1200 a month ever since and I still let him slide sometimes for 2 months at a time before he can get a check in big enough to pay up his rent. He is currently only behind 1 month.

I do this because he had always been a good tenant for all those yrs and I just hate to see another victim of the economy. Besides the value of the property has dropped so low, I could not sell it for much now anyhow.

I hope somehow the economy comes back but I am prepared to face whatever. But it hurts to see so many people suffering financially. Anyhow enjoyed this thread for what it's worth.

Not to maney rents go down..Thats very nice of you and your wife.. For most of my life I did carpentry,roofing and siding .Well today I had a call from a old customer. Joe asked me if I would give him a price on some roofing.. I didnt think I would ever half to do that kind of work again..( Im old and I hurt from years of wair and tair)..Aneyway, Im going to take a few days off here and thair from store this summer and do what ever I can find.......OH THE PAIN..:newsmile07:.OH WELL:D

Not to maney rents go down..Thats very nice of you and your wife.. For most of my life I did carpentry,roofing and siding .Well today I had a call from a old customer. Joe asked me if I would give him a price on some roofing.. I didnt think I would ever half to do that kind of work again..( Im old and I hurt from years of wair and tair)..Aneyway, Im going to take a few days off here and thair from store this summer and do what ever I can find.......OH THE PAIN..:newsmile07:.OH WELL:D

Oh man, try for painting that's much easier. When in between projects when I was younger, my brother and I would load up the truck with gas and chain saws and go door to door to make grocery money. But I simply can't do that anymore at 60 with injuries to my back. I've done my share of roofing years ago and if I had to do it today it would kill me. I would be so slow at it I could make more money working at Walmart. But in all the layoffs I lived thru when I was young, I have never ever seen anything like this where so many are out of work and it has lasted so long starting during Bush's last year in office and still going on. Here's hoping for things to get better.

My friend who has a gutter business and a catering BBQ business has been slow for quite a while now. He has the time to ride, but no money for a bike.

I've only had my bike out 4 or 5 times this year. I have to put gas in my truck and my wife has to gas in her car. By the time we pay for that and pay other bills It doesn't leave much for gas for the bike. My battery died couple of weeks ago so I bought another one, but afterwords I felt guilty because that money could of and probably should have been spent on more important household expenses. I told the wife and a friend of ours that rides with me quite often not to expect many long rides this year. It kind of takes the joy out of riding knowing that the money should have gone for more important things.

I've only had my bike out 4 or 5 times this year. I have to put gas in my truck and my wife has to gas in her car. By the time we pay for that and pay other bills It doesn't leave much for gas for the bike. My battery died couple of weeks ago so I bought another one, but afterwords I felt guilty because that money could of and probably should have been spent on more important household expenses. I told the wife and a friend of ours that rides with me quite often not to expect many long rides this year. It kind of takes the joy out of riding knowing that the money should have gone for more important things.

I thought I was the only one feelin like this, and you hit the nail on the head about feelin lousy and spoiling the ride.

Thats why I've been sitting on the putor all weekend instead of enjoying a ride....:(

Pretty bad , a UC in the garage and talkin bout riding here.

I'm in the same boat you are. Been self employed for the past 27 years and so far, this is the slowest I've been in those 27 years. Doing lots of bids, but not getting the jobs. My costs are going up and I'm lowering my prices just to try to get some work, but still nothing. The outlook is not very promising either. Living off my savings now, but that won't last too long. Then what??? I'm too old, stubborn, and stupid for a career change now. Doing the cam chain tensioner conversion kit on my Heritage now, and spent more $$$$ on it than I should have at this point, but it needed to be done. I might even have to sell it soon. Sure hope not, but can't live in it and can't eat it, so.......... :17:

not any different here glacier have been same as you since 1984 but what i have seen is that you are punished for being legal.you can hire 3 illegals for the price we have to charge for 1 legit employee. all my employees have taxes cut on them and all are osha certified. sooo i do know everyones feeling my only saving grace is that my wife works and the only thing we owe is our mortgage on our home. where do you find a new career @ 57

A friend once told me that you could own diamonds and expensive paintings and have gold but he said that you can't grow potatoes on them.
Ken

Back