free website stats program Im going nuts.. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Im going nuts..

Your one of the lucky ones, we've burned through our savings to pay off most of our debt, but between the mortgage, electric and gas bills getting higher, not to mention the food, its gettin absolutly scary. And I'm in my 50s , so not much chance to catch up in this economy.

Your one of the lucky ones, we've burned through our savings to pay off most of our debt, but between the mortgage, electric and gas bills getting higher, not to mention the food, its gettin absolutly scary. And I'm in my 50s , so not much chance to catch up in this economy.

I feel for you man. Some friends of ours were in the same boat, they got a relative to rent their home which covered their mortgage pmt, and they moved to N.C. where he was able to find 40 hrs a week work. They rent there for the time being. A lot of folks have moved away down here looking for work, but it's hard to do that when you own a home and it isn't worth much to sell now. Renting it out is the only option there if you know someone who can look out after it.

I feel for you man. Some friends of ours were in the same boat, they got a relative to rent their home which covered their mortgage pmt, and they moved to N.C. where he was able to find 40 hrs a week work. They rent there for the time being. A lot of folks have moved away down here looking for work, but it's hard to do that when you own a home and it isn't worth much to sell now. Renting it out is the only option there if you know someone who can look out after it.

I'm over in Citrus county, so that should give ya an idea to my options (none), if things get to bad , I guess just sell everything, pack up the bike and ride into wild blue yonder.

My friend who has a gutter business and a catering BBQ business has been slow for quite a while now. He has the time to ride, but no money for a bike.

My friend who has a gutter business and a catering BBQ business has been slow for quite a while now. He has the time to ride, but no money for a bike.

Yup , right there it is, took me two month of saving change so I could buy oil , lucky I had a filter here. Tires next and I'm shakin in my boots allready.:sd

Tell ya somethings gotta change, this is pathetic..

War horse I agree! With all the money being spent overseas this nation is on the verge of a meltdown. I believe that the time is now! We can no longer ignore the people right here in the US. There must be somthing done to help the blue collar families. I just heard yesterday that the oil companies are going to post a quarter profit of $395 million. The Milwaukee Brewers just signed a player to some figure like $105 million. This has all got to stop. How can anyone make a statement that if this Country is in need of money we can take it away from our soldiers fighting for our Country or from the Heros from past wars. I love my Country and have fought to keep us free. Because of this my health requires me to rely on the VA for all the medication and visits to keep me alive. Taking away any of this and I will not survive. The elderly (wow hard to believe that I am one of them) worked their whole life and was promised by this country that they would be repaid for all the money they gave back. Now not only have most pension gone away and social security on the eve of destruction, the promise of the 401 being your salvation is fading quite fast. Crime is going to explode if we fail to help the hard working class. I pray each day to the Lord Our Father and ask for forgivness and for his help and pray that mankind will see no profit in greed. Like you said War horse "somethings gotta change or else".......

Hate to say it scuba, but bottom line is big business and politicians, as long as their doing fine the rest of us can,, well you know..

I must digress, if I get wound up any more I'll get "poofed"

I am new to this site BUT I feel for all you young folks. I am retired and was disabled on my harley a few years back BUT still in the wind on a fat boy low. Been riding my whole life and will NEVER give up, don't you boys neither. This government (EDIT)
is gonna change or WE will change it, one way or the other. Have a nice day! abcs

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I am new to this site BUT I feel for all you young folks. I am retired and was disabled on my harley a few years back BUT still in the wind on a fat boy low. Been riding my whole life and will NEVER give up, don't you boys neither. This government (EDIT)
is gonna change or WE will change it, one way or the other. Have a nice day! abcs

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Pay attention to the rules, and come back, you will not be dissapointed. Welcome to HDT

Thanks everyone....Sometimes when my store is slow and the wether isnt good its eazy to think ......What am I doing wrong....But...Im going to look at the bright side today...I have a wonderfull wife...The wether is geting better up here...I will never get fired..I love riding..Also you guys and girls are some fine people...Ride Safe...:bigsmiley17:

Back