free website stats program Im going nuts.. | Harley Davidson Forums

Im going nuts..

mat 60

:bigsmiley21:..I have a small business with a store, workshop and home all on the same location. Things were going good untill the last 6 mts..I wonderded are thair other small besiness people on here having a hard time?.Thay say things are getting better..:D...Boy it makes for a long day...Other than that things are going great..Thanks MAT..

Yes, many of us small business owners have taken a hit. At least you only have one overhead. Hang in there.

:bigsmiley21:..I have a small business with a store, workshop and home all on the same location. Things were going good untill the last 6 mts..I wonderded are thair other small besiness people on here having a hard time?.Thay say things are getting better..:D...Boy it makes for a long day...Other than that things are going great..Thanks MAT..

Close the store mid day so you can ride and stay open later at night.:s:D

Mat, you are not alone. I'm a 'one-man' shop. The worst part is that still have work coming in every week BUT, getting paid for that work has fallen down.
A few accounts had their budget frozen, another 'used' my money to keep himself afloat. Do I stop all work for them all and possibly lose their accounts when things get better? A catch 22. I'm working for no apparent reason

I'm in the exact same place your at Mat, if it werent for family help and the wifes SS, we'd be living in the woods. I've gotten to the point where I'm selling everthing I dont absolutly need on e-bay.

I have one or two customers a week if I'm lucky, last year I had 3 months of nothing.

Now I'm really depressed...again.:coffee

Been that way ever since October of 2008 down here in Central Florida. Hasn't really improved much yet. A lot of business went totally under last year, (down here), mostly construction related. Their emergency capital just gave out. But it has rippled into other industries that depend on the income from former construction sources. A friend of mine runs a sign business and his work is way down, had to lay off most of his crews.

It's complicated, only time will tell what the outcome will be. From 2004 to 2008 we built and sold like crazy. But the problem was many (many) people who were buying were not qualified but given the loan anyhow with little down payment. Then as the whole affair peaked and we had built all the demand could handle (near the end of Bush's term), things started to slow. Moderate layoffs started and people started walking away from their mortgages, and well you know the rest of the story.

Throw in some natural disasters and oil prices due to wars and rumors of wars and well it's kinda rough right now.

My wife and I have all our retirement we accumulated all our working life so we get by, but I feel for younger folks now with little captial put away and not much income.

Back