free website stats program I'm confused!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm confused!!

i have the 13" i would guess 1oz maybe 2 at most cuahgt it all with paper towels mrs had one i the other i would at least go with 11oz just to be on the safe side and bleed some out instead of trying to add more when on the bike

Bud so you started with 11oz and an oz or two came back out?

Thanks

Also if you want them a little stiffer you can go with 10wt oil its what i did

Would the 5wt be a more smother ride? I really liked the orignal ride. Last october rode from Walnut MS to Oklahoma and back and the ride was great. I would like to keep the ride as much the same as possible.

Thanks

yep just about that again its a guess as i was grabbing it with a towel

Yep, I'm confused. Then what is the corect amount, or is it like the oil changes, just enought to not have blow by in the breather?

Last edited:
Would the 5wt be a more smother ride? I really liked the orignal ride. Last october rode from Walnut MS to Oklahoma and back and the ride was great. I would like to keep the ride as much the same as possible.

Thanks
then i would go with 5 weight ... start at 11 go from there

i pretty much use hd's listing as reference but none of the fluids on mine have met the manual the forks had more oil than what it said it should.. etc etc

I wouldn't go over 11 ounces. The ride will get very hard. You may even want to try 10 at first and add the extra 1 ounce after in 1/2 ounce increments.

Thanks everyone for the information. I took the 12" off and let them drain for 30 min. or so. Not much oil came out. So I place them between my truck hitch and a floor jack ( one at a time of course) upside down, and put a little pressure on them. Then got on the back bumper and bounced on it until all the oil came out. Did not take all that long. Reversed the shocks and had the wife stand on the back bumper and put about an once at a time into a turkey bester and had then wife bounce the bumper. All went in ok. Placed the shocks back on the bike and reinstalled the screw in air fittings and ran into a little problem. Pipe tape would not hold the oil in. Mater of fact when screwing back in the fittings, the tape would just be pushed back out. Removed the air fittings and cleaned them real good and put pipe dope on the treads. Thant did the trick.

While I had the fittings back off I bounced on the seat a few times and let some of the oil back out. If anyone does this please be careful not to get oil on the rear brakes (I did). Put about 20 lbs of air in and went for a short ride and it rode good, but did not stop as good as before due to oil on the rotor. After I clean that off the real test will be when I get the wife back on and go back one some not so smooth roads.

Back