free website stats program I'm Concerned | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm Concerned

Clearly, your number of years in the saddle means you are doing something right. We all know the risk is there. I'm 62 and been riding for 39 years (off & on).
I sold my 1948 Pan because of "that" feeling, 3 years later I was back on the road with my 1951 Pan. Had that bike for 22 years and was still having the "close calls" with the cages. In 1987 I center punched a car at 65 MPH, the guy pulled a left turn right in front of me, had nowhere to go. It laid me up for a year with one operation, as soon as I could get to move around I started the rebuild. Sold that Pan in 2002, retired and moved to Montana to live in the woods. Figured I had it all, log cabin, 20 acres, and most of all "space" ! What was missing was my bike, this year I went and bought myself a 2006 Road King Classic. Now things are right...
The underlying point to the story, if it's in you "don't fight it", you only live once !!!!

Ride Brother Ride.

Hey Gang

Thanks for the support It is really appreciated. All your posts made a lot of sense. A couple really hit home. Many years ago I really enjoyed the "leisure" riding aspects when I got my 1st "New" bike a 1973" Norton Commando. but in 2003 I purchased a 03 RKC I loved riding so much that I strated to use it to commutie to work on a daily basis and that is the way it has been till now buying new Harley's every other year. But I found myself parking the Scoot on Friday after work and not getting back on till Monday morning. I forgot what riding is all about "Riding" for the love of it not because you have too.

Thanks again for the advice I have made the decision to Ride my Harley for enjoyment as this is what my original intention was.

Thanks again to all and may everyone have a Merry Christmas and ride safe
BuffaloBILL
Figured you weren't ready to hang it up................there's a certain aspect of riding that makes it so ya can't, if ya do, it'll hurt.
You guys can all remember the time when "Bikers" were rebels, hoodlums, mis-fits. I can remember standing on a corner in Concord CA and a bunch of bikers rode by........there musta been 20 of em, my mom grabbed my hand and tried to pull me behind her so I couldn't see em, but I did and I was scared, excited and in awe all at the same time. Those guys were free and doing what they wanted to do, they weren't ansewerable to anyone but themselves. Freedom shouldn't be confuse it with any kind of requierment. riding your bike to work isn't the same as riding your bike. If you ride to work, ya gotta go to work.........If ya just ride your bike, ya ain't gotta do anything, cept have fun and watch out for those crazy cages.
Like Crash sez........"Ride Brother Ride"

I rode my bike to work a few times, had to quit. Seems I would end up riding right by the place and end up in the hills, just havin fun !!!

You know what they say,"Live by the sword die by the sword", if it happens it happens but you got till then to enjoy it!

Back