free website stats program I'm back! | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm back!

Maustarman

Well, I'm back!
I had to sell my bike at the beginning of the year do some hardships, but yesterday I found what I think it was a decent deal on a 06 XL1200 low !
Bike has only 2000 miles in it ... It has been "properly stored" for over 6 years ...
The story is that previous to storage the PO had to decide between laying it down and hitting a car who cut in front of him. He got badly injured & the bike got out with some minor things but otherwise good..
It runs but not quite drivable since the rear brake pedal is broken and the front brake cylinder cover has a crack.
I'm still broke but I'm hopping to get it going soon :)

On that note...
If someone here has a rear brake pedal & front brake cylinder cover laying around & that can sell cheap please let me know

Maurice

Long ago, up in Western Washington, there were many shops spread out through the area called Bent Bike.... Parts galore...

Might even have them in Calif. ?

You might google and look for Salvage HD parts. Even Ebay may have them.

Best I can do for you. You'll have a good low mile bike, once you get the parts.:s

My sporty is Thankfully not giving up a thing yet...:D

signed....BUBBIE

Here in the UK many parts turn up on ebay you just need to check regularly and eventually the part will turn up
With hd motorcycles being more common in your part of the world used parts should turn up more regularly than here

Brian

Welcome back! Need to change your "ride" under your avatar...:s

got it to my house today (had to leave it at friends yesterday since I has no brakes )
Here is what I looks like:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445821846.844526.jpg

The seat is nice but it's also Really uncomfortable, it has clip-on handlebars which are absolutely Dis functional with mid controls...I'm a short guy and even like that I end up with my needs inside my elbows and against my face. I've no idea how someone could ride like that.
So, risers and handlebars are do as well.

Any idea of the part number for the rear brake linkage rod?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice bike ,it's a 1200,minimal work to do.Those bars look like something for a drag strip,eh? Can't imagine riding it,look's like a bad back in the making:) Welcome Back!

Back