free website stats program I'm an Idiot (Bad Fuel?) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm an Idiot (Bad Fuel?)

Cleaned all of the connections on the Dyna; started right up.

Working on the Road King; I think that because it has big bore Screaming Eagle stage 1 kit on it that I might have to replace the battery if it won't put out 12v.

Thanks to everyone for the advice, this forum is awesome!

Deep joy its always good when all the bikes are running

Brian

Glad you got fired up for the summer. A good trick for cold weather starting if your garage isn't heated etc. Is put a drop light under the engine the night before you're going to fire it up. Now check on it... Don't be putting a 100w bulb in that thing and let it get hot enough to melt anything, or start a fire. Be responsible. It does work though.

Since there was some discussion here about draining a tank. I see an opportunity to get help on my project. I am getting an older (1982) FLT (I guess this is also called a Road King) that has not been ran in about 3-4 years. I know the odds of the S&S carbs being functional are slim, but if one were to drain the fuel, and mix chemtool (or some other product) with fresh gas and let it sit for a week or two or three while I am working on the rest of the bike would much be accomplished?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I fully expect to have to haul the bike a local HD mechanic, but if there is any chance to get it at least functional enough to drive to the mechanic, the better.

Back