free website stats program I'm About Fed Up | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm About Fed Up

I just receive a recall letter from HD for my 2016 Low rider. Seems the ignition swtich is falling apart due to engine vibration. Maybe something to check.

My switch was already replaced. Anyway: The service mgr. just called me and gave the latest status on my no start issues. They have had the no start issue themselves in the shop, but when it happens they haven't been able to locate the problem. So they called Harley corporate center to get some advice, and they told them, since they cannot locate the trouble, to just go ahead and replace EVERYTHING in the starting system. They are going to overnight the parts, so the bike should be done the first of next week. All under warranty. Guess that's all I can ask.

I really hate it when the service dept. staff cannot diagnose a problem. I guess replacing all the parts they are going to replace will at least take those out of the equation. Of course none of us has ever gotten a bad new part right? Let us know how things go please.

My switch was already replaced. Anyway: The service mgr. just called me and gave the latest status on my no start issues. They have had the no start issue themselves in the shop, but when it happens they haven't been able to locate the problem. So they called Harley corporate center to get some advice, and they told them, since they cannot locate the trouble, to just go ahead and replace EVERYTHING in the starting system. They are going to overnight the parts, so the bike should be done the first of next week. All under warranty. Guess that's all I can ask.
Wow.... I can not believe that H.D. corporate would state to just replace everything. My question what is the definition of everything. Usually on hard cases like yours the H.D. service rep would visit shop and work hand in hand with Master tech at HD dealer and communicate via phone calls or emails to corporate service if necessary to get bike corrected. Based your statement above the dealer is opening a big time liability situation. What happens if bike then decides to shut off while riding??
Maybe its best to just see if you can get a new replacement bike. But one thing for sure keep track and document all proceedings for you may need it in the near future.......
Best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, last week was Ohio Bike Week, and the Harley service tech from corporate WAS down here at my dealers for that week, and looked at my bike while he was here. So apparently they were familiar with it when the service mgr called corporate.

That's what we that have hired mechanics before like to call parts changers rather than mechanics or technicians. Now days if you don't go to some type of technical school you won't even get to an interview.

I would like to see if that warranty claim gets paid. Hopefully the rep has a lot of clout with corporate.

Back