free website stats program I'm About Fed Up | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm About Fed Up

FXDL4ME

I'm about fed up with my Low Rider. For the past 10 days, I've been stranded 4 times. First time it happened, I rode the bike, shut it off, came out of the store, and I turned the ignition switch on, pushed the starter button, and...................silence...............nothing. I had lights, etc. but got nothing when I pushed the start button. No sound at all. Tow #1. "Oh," said the dealer, "there's an ignition recall on your bike, that's probably the problem". 4 days later, "bike's done, pick it up." Rode for less than 15 miles...tried to start the bike.....NOTHING. Tow#2. Two days later...."Oh," said the dealer, "your battery cable was loose. Come p/u your bike." Rode it home, parked in garage, next morning....NOTHING. Tow #3. "Two more days later....Well, " said the dealer, "your battery was bad. We gave you a brand new one. Come get your bike." Started to rain on the way home, so I parked it as soon as I got home. Went out this morning, bright sunshine, and........NOTHING. Tow # 4. Dealer just left with the bike, but I'm about fed up. Any ideas what it could be? Bike is new and still under warranty, so this isn't costing me anything, but with less than 2500 miles on it, I'm wondering if I got a lemon. Oh, yeah, bike is throwing code b2121 (starter output open) What's that mean? Any idea?

Oooooo.Not good.I know how that can blow your faith in the product.Or you get 3 flat tires in a row.And wonder,why me? I once knew a guy who said there are no such things as lemons.Said you can have a bike with one, or twentyfive problems with it.But when they are all systematically corrected,no lemon.I tend to agree.Most shops seem to have an old timer who can do anything,maybe get HIM to work on the bike.

The bike is a machine; if all systems are go, the bike will run flawlessly. Focus your frustration on those responsible for making the systems work. Run, don't walk away from the dealer that obviously doesn't know how to correct the problem. If you are not able to sort it out, find someone who can........;)

Does warranty work have to be done by a Harley dealer? The next closest dealer is 50+ miles away. But there's a great "indy" about 10 miles from here.

Yes warranty work has to be done at the dealer. You can take it to the Indy but you will have to pay for repairs.
tourbox

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for grins have them check the wires in the switch half, the code you are getting is a dead short I bet 1 wire is pinched

Talked to them today. Now they are saying that "something" is apparently draining the battery, but they haven't found what it is yet. They said give them a couple more days.

Talked to them today. Now they are saying that "something" is apparently draining the battery, but they haven't found what it is yet. They said give them a couple more days.
That should not take long to figure out, there are only a couple items that have direct draw from the battery, hope they do a regulator bleed test, if the circuit or diode is bad it will drain the battery and not allow the charge bak it acts as a one way switch good luck and let us know

Back