free website stats program ignorant widow needs to identify bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

ignorant widow needs to identify bike

Looks like possibly stainless cables and a stage 1 intake with a K&N air filter too and custom grips .:D

Fatboy style rear wheel and wide glide front end which are standard for that model. (FLSTC)

Re: ignorant widow / VIN

Phantom rear axel covers, stainless braided throttle, brake and clutch cables. It also looks to have a custom piant job.

Looks like possibly stainless cables and a stage 1 intake with a K&N air filter too and custom grips .:D

Fatboy style rear wheel and wide glide front end which are standard for that model. (FLSTC)

Glider that would be an FXSTC. The FLSTC is the Heritage.

There's a small dent in the tank and chips in the paint; the key ignition is missing(an idiot attempted to steal it) so my husband re-wired it to start w/o a key. It always starts and there's never been down time due to engine problems--What do u think would be a fair asking price? (AZ location)

KBB has it listed at $7,065 in excellent stock condition. Square away the lock and work from there on price.

There's a small dent in the tank and chips in the paint; the key ignition is missing(an idiot attempted to steal it) so my husband re-wired it to start w/o a key. It always starts and there's never been down time due to engine problems--What do u think would be a fair asking price? (AZ location)

Honestly, it is a bad time to try to sell a bike unless it is a distress sale. The market is very depressed right now. If you have any children or grand-children to give the bike to, it may have more value within the family.

However, if you have to sell the bike, you can check out the NADA or KBB values based on year, model and mileage. Unfortunately, custom work and add-ons are only valuable in the eye of the beholder. If the bike is low mileage, well maintained, good rubber, it may command about what the NADA or KBB suggest.

If The Tank is nearby and willing to do so, he might be able to give you an informed opinion about the value of the bike.

TQ

I'm really sorry for your loss. Have you ever thought of taking the Motorcycle Safety Foundation riders course. You might enjoy being in that saddle.

Back