free website stats program ignorant widow needs to identify bike | Harley Davidson Forums

ignorant widow needs to identify bike

ignorant

My husband died last March and I'm forced to sell his '95 Softtail. I rode behind him for yrs but that's about all I know about his mc. -makes it even harder to sell it. The title says "XTC" under model heading and on the bike itself is "80" and "Softail".... i realize how stupid i've been for not paying attention and any help would be greatly appreciated.

My husband died last March and I'm forced to sell his '95 Softtail. I rode behind him for yrs but that's about all I know about his mc. -makes it even harder to sell it. The title says "XTC" under model heading and on the bike itself is "80" and "Softail".... i realize how stupid i've been for not paying attention and any help would be greatly appreciated.

This sounds like it is a Softail Custom. The front wheel should be larger that the rear. The harley designation would be FXSTC. Does it look like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gwyimo443g

Are you sure it's XTC and not STC? Softail Custom.

Our moderator "The Tank" lives out by you.

Sorry I took so long! I ran out to take pics. The front wheel seems to be the same size but not sure. I'll try to upload pics now. Thank u very much

Softail custom with an Evolution 80 inch engine. Custom mirrors, transmission interface chrome, custom grips, chrome switch housings, custom exhaust,solo seat,extended bar risers,K&N oil filter, tank pouch, custom pegs, chrome frame inserts and probably a few more things on the other side.

If you look on the side of the frame tubes in front of the engine going up to the neck, you will see the VIN number of the bike. Post the first 11 of these, and we should be able to identify the bike for you. The number will probably start "1HD1Bx..." where the "x" will help pin down the model for you.

TQ

Fxstc softail custom is the model same as mine although it does have a few additions as mentioned by Glider

Brian

Re: ignorant widow / VIN

VIN- 1HD1BKL8SY0.......and more pics- again , thank U!

Attachments

• MCclose.jpg
    MCclose.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 82
  • MCclose2.jpg
    MCclose2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 81
Back