free website stats program Ignition switch swap question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ignition switch swap question

Thanks guys for all the pix and information. Final question, what guage did you put in and what is the diameter? I am thinking of putting a small tachometer there if I can find a small one w/white face to match a ProCycle speedometer by Drag Specialties.

Last edited:
What is your switch mounted to in the pic? I can see you added something but can tell what it is.

Switch is attached with small bolts to a piece of 1/8 in hard rubber mat, the mat is also sandwiched between the the bottom of the dash and the top of the Gas Gauge bezel using the lower two hex bolts that are visible from the topside.
The bolts that are visible from the bottom also act as standoffs to limit any movement of the switch vertically.

So my swap is done. Some people have asked for pictures so here you go. Just installed the tach/speedo combo from HD, direct plug and play and works as it should. I also changed out to Buffalo T Bars since the Dyna's have the idiot lights built into the clamp cover and they are now in the dash, plus I was able to internal wire everything. Now just waiting on my new wheels and tins and she is done for now.
DSC_0002-7.jpg

DSC_0003-7.jpg

DSC_0004-7.jpg

DSC_0005-6.jpg

100_44611.jpg

100_4459.jpg

100_4458.jpg

Back