free website stats program Ignition switch removal | Harley Davidson Forums

Ignition switch removal

chsguy

I have an 02 ultra classic - the key does not work in the keyhole of the ignition switch - i have tried WD40, etc. I have a new switch w/keys ready to go, but am apprehensive in drilling out the old switch. Would appreciate any help in that regard. Removing the switch with an operating key is straight forward, but when the key doesn't work in the hole... and yes - it is the correct key - guess the tumblers, or something has issues.
thanks... david - charleston, s.c. :(

Thanks.. I have viewed and reviewed that video.. but if the key won't turn in the lock - i cannot do the necessary. I have tried even just pushing up that "button" with the lock turned to the left, but again - the key will not operate in the lock itself.. will not turn....????

I had a problem like that with the barrel key on my Dyna. Somehow my key got pulled out in the wrong position, leaving the pins out of sequence. I had to file the little tab off of the key, and fiddle around a little to get the key in seq. with the pins. It took a little while, but finally worked. I replaced that switch pretty quick. Maybe this will work for you.

Back