free website stats program Ignition Race Tuner Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Ignition Race Tuner Problem

Ed S

Recently installed 95" kit, flat top pistons, 203 cams, rinehart true duals, air filter. Runs great but pings terribly. Bought ignition race tuner kit part # 32124-04B to modify advance curve. When attempting to configure port just get "module does not communicate". I have tried 2 different computers and two different kits, reconfiguring ports, clicking on test when ck. engine light is on, even running, no help. I have been an auto mech for 30 years, I know that it is going to take many small changes to achieve the performance I want and get rid of the ping. Is there a procedure not included in the user manual, or do I have to go to a dealer?

You may find your answer in the self help section.There are many great threads reguarding fuel enrichment,TFI and Power comander use and comunication etc..

I think you might be better off going to a dealer with a dyno anyway. Dyno time may be expensive but it's cheaper than a motor if you don't know what your doing or don't have a dyno in your garage.

Recently installed 95" kit, flat top pistons, 203 cams, rinehart true duals, air filter. Runs great but pings terribly. Bought ignition race tuner kit part # 32124-04B to modify advance curve. When attempting to configure port just get "module does not communicate". I have tried 2 different computers and two different kits, reconfiguring ports, clicking on test when ck. engine light is on, even running, no help. I have been an auto mech for 30 years, I know that it is going to take many small changes to achieve the performance I want and get rid of the ping. Is there a procedure not included in the user manual, or do I have to go to a dealer?

Looking up the part number, it says it is the following:

• This software-based ignition package is the ultimate way to make timing and rev limit changes to 2004 and later carbureted Harley-Davidson® motorcycles.
  • This system is programmed with all the current Screamin’ Eagle® Race-Use ignition maps, and allows fine-tuning of each one.
  • The complete kit includes tuning software on a CD, a communications interface that electronically locks to the ignition control module, and the required cables to connect a PC to the vehicle.
  • The software contains an electronic User's Manual to aid in selecting the ideal ignition map for the vehicle configuration.
  • For Race Application ONLY.

Assume that your bike is carbureted, right?

If you have all the stuff that came in the original kit, go back through the installation process again carefully to make sure nothing was over looked. If you still get the same error message, you might be ahead going to the Dealership to get it right.

TQ

Back