free website stats program ignition module | Harley Davidson Forums

ignition module

hery

88 heritage doesn't start, looks like ignition madule is dead again, replaced it about 2500 miles back. head light and other components such passing light are gone as well, does anybody experience the same problem!

Your problems don't sound like an ignition module if the lights are out as well. Check the main breaker, possibly jump the two terminals on it and see if it starts. If it does, replace the breaker, I would replace it anyway on that year bike.

passing light are out, head light low beam works, bike doesn't start. it happened before riding back from work bike stoped unable to get it started, took it to the mechanic and he recomended to change ignition module, someone installed points in this bike before, new electric module were installed and within few months fail again, he stated that the bike was generating extra voltage. And I have the same problem again. any ideas what to check

Check the battery voltage at different RPM's fir one. Also try removing the nose cone cover and see if it starts then. Some of the ignition modules had a very close fit to the cover and grounded out in time.

The module shouldn't effect the lighting in any case.

Thanks I'll check that, Do you know why does over charge and what you recomend to check, regulator?
Thank you

Back