free website stats program Ignition Lock problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Ignition Lock problem

PeteINny

I have a 2008 flht. I was changing the inner farring out and took the ignition out following the proper manuel procedure. When I went to reinstall the lock I had a little difficulty but it dropped in. Now the igniton does not engage and the lock does not lock the wheel. I went to remove it and it does not come out. The tab engages but does not release the lock. Short of taking a hammer to it (out of frustration) what do I need to do to get the lock out?
Thanks

Glider,
Still does not work. I think when I reinstalled it I did it pointing to the lock position. Now it is stuck. Any ideas?

Pete, try to put your key in again and turn it to on position,then take a hooked screwdriver and pull the tab and turn the lock to acc. then push the tab to the release mode and swivel the ignition towards lock while lifting up on it. My buddy put his back in kind of forcing it after he hed removed it to add another switch to the panel and thats how we finally got it out. Then Icarefully reinserted it with a little patience because apparently there is stages to the lock system and he had manged to get it past the second one and I had to gently slide it down,turn slightly slide it down more then turn slightly again till it fell in place.

Thanks for all of the help. I took the whole ignition set out with the lock still stuck in the unit(not much fun) and brought it to the dealer. The dealer had it over an hour and could not get it either. It appears something broke inside the unit. I had to order another lock and ignition set. To get the unit released from the cover we had to cut it out.

Back