free website stats program Ignition key switch | Harley Davidson Forums

Ignition key switch

67wizard

I have seen the vid on how to remove and install the key switch. My question is after is put back and it works the way it should, now if I turn the switch to unlock without the key in and I put my fingure under the the switch housing and push up on that little tab I can remove the switch housing without the key in. Is there something broken in the housing. Othe than that it works just like it should, it locks and unlocks, all functions work. I must put the key in to put the housing back in the bike. Got me puzzled.

I had the same problem with my 2010 FLTRX. Stopped by my local dealer and the Service Manager (a friend) came out put the key in took out assembly. Turn key,put back in,turned key and fixed. Stood there scratching my head cause I did the same thing 3 or 4 times and it didn't work for me. Has something to do with key position when assembling.

Touring ignition is like a tiny "erector set" and all the pieces must fit/align properly to function correct. Fritz has the right idea - remove & re-install...one of the catches didn't synch in the key/switch housing...good luck!

Back