free website stats program ignition coil | Harley Davidson Forums

ignition coil

dieselman

Aloha!
I have a 95 FLHT with an S&S engine and crane igniton components with a Mikuni carb. I need to replace the coil but don't know if it is a single or dual fire. No markings on the coil and the bike was built by someone else. It has three posts for wires plus the plug wire outlets. Any tell tale signs as to whether I have a single or dual fire? Coil is black and stock looking. Any hints would be awesome! I have no clue as to how to tell the difference.
Mahalo and stay safe!
Greg

Mahalo! Everything helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aloha!
I have a 95 FLHT with an S&S engine and crane igniton components with a Mikuni carb. I need to replace the coil but don't know if it is a single or dual fire. No markings on the coil and the bike was built by someone else. It has three posts for wires plus the plug wire outlets. Any tell tale signs as to whether I have a single or dual fire? Coil is black and stock looking. Any hints would be awesome! I have no clue as to how to tell the difference.
Mahalo and stay safe!
Greg

Mahalo! Everything helps!

Check the ignition module. That may indicate wasted spark or single fire.

Three wires is typically single fire (separate trigger for each cylinder). Center post is hot, other two are the triggers.

TQ

Remove the small round cover on the right side of the case, do you see 2 pick up assemblies? This would be single fire:s

Back