free website stats program If you were selling your scooter........ | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

If you were selling your scooter........

I've bought and sold alot of bikes the last 40 years i can get a good feel of the ones who are really interested its uselly hard to sell a bike without a test ride . That said my neighbor was selling a goldwing 2 years ago he let a guy test ride it and he rode it straight into the side of his new ford truck broke the guys arm and jaw . To top it all off my neighbor was liable for the dudes medical bills what a mess .

I have a good story that my friend went through selling his bike.A guy shows up ,has all the riding gear ie,gloves helmet wearing boots jeans the whole get up.My buddy gets a copy of the license and insurance info.His driveway has a 90 coming out of the garage and has a slight incline.The guy gets on the bike puts it in gear and lays it down before the end of the driveway and in the grass.My buddy runs down and picks the bike off the guy, and has to call 911 becuase the guy broke his leg. Looks can be deceiving.

I have only driven one of the four street bikes that I have owned prior to purchase. The one I did drive was on the insistence of the seller. When I sold my bikes, nobody asked to drive them. The bike will be started and they can watch me drive the bike (or sit on back), but until it's paid for, no test pilots. For the most part the bike can be closely inspected as it sits anyway.

Really what is a few minute test drive going to accomplish other than give you grief if the bike is damaged or worse yet the person is injured.

Back