free website stats program If the 18538-99B lifter are worn out.... | Harley Davidson Forums

If the 18538-99B lifter are worn out....

Mongo1958

...then what lifters would you go with when installing new cams, header pipes and push rods?

Thanks in advance!
2009 96ci
WAP.gif

I PMed you...

# 1023 Gaterman and OR SnS.. Either one will give you a great lifter.
Personally, I like the gatermans. I think the price is less than SnS... In the PM I sent you is the link you need to buy them.

UNLESS anybody here Knows where... (discounted) :p

Gatermans have 4 oiling holes. two in the main body opposite of each other for a complete fill inside the lifter and two more for the roller/needle bearings...

Good engineering and I have them installed in my SE255 build JUST like you will...:s

signed....BUBBIE

I have been running the head quarters black ops they are as good lifter as you can buy recommend them no problem doug at head quarters said if you have tick in the engine and running black ops lifter garentied its not the lifters

There are several options to choose from and some are priced higher than others. I have recently redid my engine and installed a set of Comp-Cams 850-1 lifters and they are very quiet with my wood's 555 cams set at 140 thou. deep. My next choice would be GMR's new lifter, it's all American made and they have a lifetime warranty I believe.
Again there are more options like the S&S Premium lifters which is very expensive and the Woods's as well. Gaterman make a pretty good lifter but I have seen those frost the rollers at 30,000 miles like the stock ones do.

Comp-cams 850-1 lifters sound good BUT I personally have not used them... getting good reports like above is very important.

here is a Link to the SnS site: for sale... (lesser expensive ones)

Tappet Set ,,,,,Hopefully like the Original HD "B" lifters... ???

Your dealer might have some of the ones mentioned IN Stock. Most DO sell other brands on Lifters...:s

BUT For you Mongo and ALL..... Stay away from the HD offered "C" lifters....... The SE's are even Short Lived...

signed....BUBBIE

Back