free website stats program If anyone needs a batterytender | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

If anyone needs a batterytender

I have always used a battery tender on my bike and feel they are beneficial to extending the life of the battery especially during winter months.

A tip I got from someone in the industry (and I use his advice) is to not plug the tender into a hot battery after a ride. WAIT until the next morning when the battery is cool. Supposed to be better for the battery.

Anyone else heard of or do this?

I have always used a battery tender on my bike and feel they are beneficial to extending the life of the battery especially during winter months.

A tip I got from someone in the industry (and I use his advice) is to not plug the tender into a hot battery after a ride. WAIT until the next morning when the battery is cool. Supposed to be better for the battery.

Anyone else heard of or do this?

I have not heard of this and I have been doing the exact opposite. Curious to hear more about this.

Dr Dolittle. I don't have any data to back it up other than his advice. Guess there would be no harm in waiting until the battery has cooled off. Especially on a ride likemy 2007 Heritage where the battery sits just above the oil tank...hot.

I lived in Woodstock GA for 7 years before moving to Mustang OK in 2004. I lived in the Bradshaw Farms community. Great riding there just an hour south of the Apalachan Mts, especially if you take 575 north.

Dr Dolittle. I don't have any data to back it up other than his advice. Guess there would be no harm in waiting until the battery has cooled off. Especially on a ride likemy 2007 Heritage where the battery sits just above the oil tank...hot.

I lived in Woodstock GA for 7 years before moving to Mustang OK in 2004. I lived in the Bradshaw Farms community. Great riding there just an hour south of the Apalachan Mts, especially if you take 575 north.

Yep, I think I've worn a groove in I575 heading north for the good riding! Have you been back to the area since you left in 2004? You might not recognize it!

ToDr. Dolittle. I have not. I worked in Camton so my comute was always against traffic. I hated driving into Atlanta any time and always avoided 400 going north toward Donelaga. I can imagine that Woodstock looks much like Marietta having been taken over by the "borg" if you know what I mean.

Still great riding north of there. Have you done Tail of the Dragon?

ToDr. Dolittle. I have not. I worked in Camton so my comute was always against traffic. I hated driving into Atlanta any time and always avoided 400 going north toward Donelaga. I can imagine that Woodstock looks much like Marietta having been taken over by the "borg" if you know what I mean.

Still great riding north of there. Have you done Tail of the Dragon?

Not quite as bad as Marietta yet, thank goodness!

Been to the Dragon and the Cherohala several times each and I hope to return!

Better than 50% off MSRP...certainly worth the price of admission at only $19.99 for Brand Name product... That is a smok'in deal!:D

Back