If anyone needs a batterytender

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by KennedyFXR, Sep 2, 2010.

1. KennedyFXR

KennedyFXR Member

1 person likes this.
  2. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

That's a great deal, I just got one from Eastern Performance and it was $27.95 but that did include delivery. Looks like the one you found would be free delivery with a $100.00 minimum purchase and we all know how easy it is to hit that mark. As usual a day late and $8.00 short :small3d023:

3. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

4. ironmule

ironmule Member

thanks for the info just ordered one
    ride safe.

5. ironmark

ironmark Junior Member

You only need a battery tender if you don't ride your bike enough . I have a 08 and have yet to have a problem with the original battery . but the average battery should last 2-3 years .

6. glenalt

glenalt Junior Member

Thats what I have and it's been great for 2 years.

7. billyd1

billyd1 Active Member

8. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I ride my bike back and forth to work every day that the weather permits. But I have a UC with lots of electrical demand. What is hard on batteries is being "nearly" charge and still having to meet lots of peak load demands (like frequent starts and stops with not much riding in between). So I plug my battery in ANYTIME the bike is in the garage. I expect this will extend the battery life to 5-6 years at least.

TQ

9. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Definitely an awesome deal b/c Deltran also makes HD's tender (same w/HD logo) & they run close to $40. If my scoot sits longer than a week - tender gets connected. Now I'm thinking about getting one of these $20 units for my riding mower. Can never have enough...

10. Nighterider2

Nighterider2 Banned

THAT IS a great buy, i think i paid 27.00 for mine a year ago. At that price i might buy another one, thanks, for the information.