free website stats program IDS or SE COMPENSATOR? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

IDS or SE COMPENSATOR?

Ultrat: Glad to hear it worked out so well.

Just curious, did the old/new rotor slip right off/on and clear the inner primary on the ‘09, or did you remove inner primary or shave a little? Did the comp bolt and clutch nut release easy enough? Did you stick with the yellow lock compound already provided on the comp bolt?

I am installing se compensator first. got it yesterday on my 09 flh
Your 09 ultra would already have the IDS built in the wheel hub; see glider's post above. With the SE comp sprocket now, you have the best drive train going.

Just curious, did the old/new rotor slip right off/on and clear the inner primary on the ‘09, or did you remove inner primary or shave a little? Did the comp bolt and clutch nut release easy enough? Did you stick with the yellow lock compound already provided on the comp bolt?

Your 09 ultra would already have the IDS built in the wheel hub; see glider's post above. With the SE comp sprocket now, you have the best drive train going.

No just shave a little. grinding is needed 8 to 5.30 area face of a clock nuts came off ok made tool to wedge beteween sprockets. yes stuck w/ yellow loctite. added 2 drops red to left hand nut on clutch. & yes i know i have IDS tx though for pointing it out. Of course it snows last nite i am hoping streets will dry out later in week so i can ride to work:D

Sounds Like a good Mod. What up with the chain rattle. My 2007 never made a sound. My 2010 primary chain is slapping around like it has no tensioner. Then other days it is as quiet as a mouse?
What causes it to be noisey one day and loud the next? Sounds Like i need the Se compensator? Why don't HD just put the Se Comp in when they build these things if its so good?

Sounds Like a good Mod. What up with the chain rattle. My 2007 never made a sound. My 2010 primary chain is slapping around like it has no tensioner. Then other days it is as quiet as a mouse?
What causes it to be noisey one day and loud the next? Sounds Like i need the Se compensator? Why don't HD just put the Se Comp in when they build these things if its so good?

I also had to take some metal off at the 9:00 and 6:00 areas. I used a 1/2 air impact on the comp bolt. Would not budge. Had to carefully put heat on the head of the bolt to get it loose. Just used the yellow compound that was already on the replacement bolt. As it seemed to work well.
It is not the chain making noise. It is the poorly designed stock compensator setup. If HD put the SE comp in as stock they could not make any money selling us the SE upgrade. The Motor Company is very good in that aspect.:TEXAS

Back