free website stats program IDS and Arizona | Harley Davidson Forums

IDS and Arizona

Porter

So, finally got the IDS installed and I am impressed with the smoothness. The install wasn't that bad, as it was the first time I have ever taken the rear wheel off. Again, hats off to members on the suggestion and descriptions of what this improvement would ride and feel like. Spot ON!

Second, there is the high likelihood that I will be traveling to the Phoenix area sometime between March and April. I thought about renting and the only place that seems to rent is "Buddy Stubbs HD".

Three questions:
1.) How is Buddy Stubbs? Don't have many options if they are the only place to rent from in the area, but I pros or cons would be helpful.

2.) Any routes that are a "must ride" at this time of year? If you have specific roads, please PM me the directions. My home base will be downtown Phoenix, near the airport. Looking for day trips and returning to Phoenix in the evening. 8-12 hours riding is comfortable for me per day.

3.) Any areas of town I should avoid?

Thanks!

Hi Porter
There is no dealer in downtown Phoenix, Buddy Stubs is in North Phoenix and in West Phoenix I know that Arrowhead HD rents bikes. If you are a HOG member I would set up a fly and ride. I looked into it last summer and would have saved about $40.00 in rental fees a day had I gone through them. I would make the Torte Flat run as well as the Vulture Mine run. They are short ½ day rides but great views. I can give you more info if you want on theses two rides.

Chester's in Mesa should have rentals and Fly & Ride as well. Something like 17 miles from the airport. Phoenix is the one of the top Fly & Ride destinations in the country, I am sure you can find something.

Back