free website stats program Idle | Harley Davidson Forums

Idle

07 and up injected sportsters idle speed are controlled by the ecm and not adjustable, I believe the idle speed warm is 950-1050. If it is higher than that you might possibly have a vacuum leak.

Even if you could adjust it not a good move, the oil and electrical systems need this idle speed:s

07 and up injected sportsters idle speed are controlled by the ecm and not adjustable, I believe the idle speed warm is 950-1050. If it is higher than that you might possibly have a vacuum leak.

OR
to continue:
This should be covered "Over" the two year warranty because it MAY? fall under the 5 yr. emission standards that HD is responsible to address..

signed....BUBBIE

How can I slow the idle down just a bit on my 2008 fuel injected Roadster?

The question I have now,If your bike has a tach? what does it read at idle???

If 950/1050, that is probably right.. No potato sound is a good thing.... If way up from there it needs a look.

signed....BUBBIE

just a couple of days ago i watched a fuelie idle at 550 rpm and it sounded awesome, However if maintained 35 lbs of oil pressure at that speed. FYI this machine had the fueling oil pump, cam plate and true dual bub pipes and thundermax efi,,, so if you haave enough money it can happen Merrry Christmas

just a couple of days ago i watched a fuelie idle at 550 rpm and it sounded awesome, However if maintained 35 lbs of oil pressure at that speed. FYI this machine had the fueling oil pump, cam plate and true dual bub pipes and thundermax efi,,, so if you haave enough money it can happen Merrry Christmas
JFI,,,,

I think the feulie on the track let it idle at the lower RPM to save HEATing it up too much before he ran..

I used a feuling oil pump and found the pump and their lifters the best. also combined mine with a Delkron cam plate and SS Gear drive cams on my 2000 FXDS.

The HD oil pumps of today(newer versions) also have the larger gerotors in them especially on the return side that keeps the engine oil out of the sump (**too much oil slowing crank) better than the Old Style did (pre 07 on the big TC's).

**Sumping oil, too much, Not returning to the oil tank, caused the crank to churn in the oil and BIG engine Power Drop!

IF you buy the "KIT" HD offers for their conversion to Hydraulic cam tensioner.... cost 429$ you'll get the Newer HD oil pump and a better cam plate for the cost of a Feuling pump and lifters by them selves(450$).. besides all the conversion parts.

signed....BUBBIE

Back