free website stats program idle speed | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

idle speed

Go to the service manager & have him give you a manual for free. Tell him that it would cost more to give you back the money on the things that were supposed to be done that were not done until you brought it back. Tell him to get it from the tech, since he got paid to do it & he didn't, the tech may learn a lesson. Good luck

Toby

It's a terrible shame. I use to work in a place where they paid well above average and had Great benefits. I couldn't believe it. But STILL most guys complained and wanted MORE. Whatever they knew they could get away with, they did. It was almost like a contest for some. The least they could do for the most they could make.

It was terrible to watch. No self pride at all. And it had NOTHING to do with how much you paid them. That much I learned.

Unfortunatley Hoople, this is not by any means limited to HD service techs, I work in the electrical service business and it is truely shameful the things supposedly professional trained technicians will do to "cut corners" to lessen the amount of effort they have to put out in doing anything. Sadly the customers use service tech mostly due to the fact they don't know how to do it themselves, so unless one of the "short cuts" creates immediate problems the poor workmanship may not show up for months or years. What really upsets me about that is these folks should realize they are actually putting people's lives at risk not just thier pocketbooks.

You summed it up in a nut shell, anyone who works in the service industry needs to weigh the consequences of their actions. When I worked in the field, if I chose to cut some corners for whatever reason, I was not risking anyone's life, however you would think I was if you saw how people would react if their cable television was out. :s No one would be riding on a strand of cable in traffic with minimal protection with the fear of the remote failing or something like that.

20,000 mile service

After $380.00 for a 20,000 mile service and a 2nd trip back for them to get it right ( so I thought ) I went in my garage to do a cold check on my oil and it is past the full level where it is supposed to be when it is hot. So now I have to suck oil out because it is going into my air filter, witch I don't think they ever check or changed. I have about had it with this dealer.

Re: 20,000 mile service

After $380.00 for a 20,000 mile service and a 2nd trip back for them to get it right ( so I thought ) I went in my garage to do a cold check on my oil and it is past the full level where it is supposed to be when it is hot. So now I have to suck oil out because it is going into my air filter, witch I don't think they ever check or changed. I have about had it with this dealer.

Name them here so others will have a heads up. It is too bad we can not trust some Stealers to get it right

Re: 20,000 mile service

The best way to make sure it's done right is to buy a service manual and do it yourself. It's pretty simple after you've done it the first time.

Back