free website stats program idle speed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

idle speed

It seems all manuals are compromises. My Harley brand manual has most all of the mechanical service procedures but does NOT have any electrical stuff beyond the very complete diagrams. No instructions on how to pull codes and no info on de-coding the codes.

In contrast, all of the after market Clymer, Motors, and Chilton car manuals were weak in dash board access but they had all of the engine codes and how to pull them well listed.

My Harley manual paid for itself with the first servicing and has enabled me to continue saving enough to add several accessories.

where is the best place to get a service manual for a 08 road king ?

Try Chicago/Zylistra/Ronnies or several other HD dealer websites. Some give good discounts. You can also buy downloadable ones, but I need paper in my hand. :newsmile011:

Try Chicago/Zylistra/Ronnies or several other HD dealer websites. Some give good discounts. You can also buy downloadable ones, but I need paper in my hand. :newsmile011:
I have one that I downloaded. The few things I need on paper i just print out and keep the pages in a notebook.

It was high enough that I had to take it back, the guy that did the service did not check the codes,so I brought it back and the service manager set it on the computer and got it right, also they had to redo the cluch the guy who did the service left over a 1/4 inch of play in the cable $380.00 and two trips later and it's right. where is the best place to get a service manual for a 08 road king ?

WOW -------- 380 bucks & two trips back for shoddy workmanship !? Think I would've been tad miffed about that!!! But Glad to hear your back rollin!

I would be definitely talking to the Service manager about some kind of discount or something to make up for your wasted time and possible damage to your bike. If that goes sideways talk to the Manager or owner:s

so the service manager is the one who took my bike back and set it right and I have known him for a few years, but with that said I will do all my services my self I just need to get a manual for the things I don't know how to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad part of the whole service experience which happens frequently, is the disappointment of the dealer whose is trusted to be the expert with all the HD Certifications, can not even perform a simple service while excessively charging customer, can not even come close to getting it done correctly.
What a shame.

What a shame.

It's a terrible shame. I use to work in a place where they paid well above average and had Great benefits. I couldn't believe it. But STILL most guys complained and wanted MORE. Whatever they knew they could get away with, they did. It was almost like a contest for some. The least they could do for the most they could make.

It was terrible to watch. No self pride at all. And it had NOTHING to do with how much you paid them. That much I learned.

Back