idle shakes

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by HOLY DIVER, May 16, 2010.

1. HOLY DIVER

HOLY DIVER Junior Member

my 06 roadking shakes alittle more than i'm used 2 its completely stock.this is only at idle increase the rpm just alittle 100 or so and it feels just fine no shakes at all. i'm thinking TFI so i can increase the idle rpm 75-100 dads RK has a zippers fuel manager on it and it idles great (05 model) his engine seems to run alittle cooler than mine also

2. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

Great choice.

3. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Check the front motor mount. My RG started to shake and the dealer changed it to the updated mount and it cured the idle shakes.

4. HOLY DIVER

HOLY DIVER Junior Member

what should i look for?

5. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

The TFI is a good choice to enrichen your bike. It does not have a provision to increase idle rpms.

6. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

It's kind of hard to see, but with a mirror underneath it look like the rubber was compressed. I didnt know if it was bad untill I had the service dept. look at the bike because it seened to be shaking more than it had and it seemed to be getting worse. Maybe Glider or one of the Mods. can explain what you should look for.

7. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

What is the idle RPM when it is shaking and what does the idle need to be when it feels normal.

8. glider

glider Veteran Member

9. HOLY DIVER

HOLY DIVER Junior Member

well i watched my front rubber mount and yes its compressing ALLOT at idel so i guess i need the newer rubber mount. generaly speaking how much do they normaly cost just wondering

10. glider

glider Veteran Member

$64.49