free website stats program idle shakes | Harley Davidson Forums

idle shakes

HOLY DIVER

my 06 roadking shakes alittle more than i'm used 2 its completely stock.this is only at idle increase the rpm just alittle 100 or so and it feels just fine no shakes at all. i'm thinking TFI so i can increase the idle rpm 75-100 dads RK has a zippers fuel manager on it and it idles great (05 model) his engine seems to run alittle cooler than mine also

Check the front motor mount. My RG started to shake and the dealer changed it to the updated mount and it cured the idle shakes.

The TFI is a good choice to enrichen your bike. It does not have a provision to increase idle rpms.

what should i look for?

It's kind of hard to see, but with a mirror underneath it look like the rubber was compressed. I didnt know if it was bad untill I had the service dept. look at the bike because it seened to be shaking more than it had and it seemed to be getting worse. Maybe Glider or one of the Mods. can explain what you should look for.

well i watched my front rubber mount and yes its compressing ALLOT at idel so i guess i need the newer rubber mount. generaly speaking how much do they normaly cost just wondering

Back