free website stats program Idle rpms from cold to warm idle? | Harley Davidson Forums

Idle rpms from cold to warm idle?

98ROADKING

Hi i'm new to this site and posting questions so some let me know if i'm in the wrong area or anything else that may be wrong...thanks in advance...........anyway i have a 1998 roadking injected and i was wondering how long is normal for a bike to idle high on cold rpms before it idles down to normal warm idle rpms. My bike seems to take a long time for that to happen,seems like i have to ride it for 10-15 min on cold rpms and then it will idle down, ok then say i ride for a while and park the bike, to run in the gas station for 5 min. Come back out and have to go through the whole process again. It just seems like it takes too long for the bike to idle back down even though it's still warm. I don't like the high cold idle,for that long. Any help!
Thanks

Thanks glider....i've been reading that the mm systems are tricky,but i do not have a tach.is that something i should look into purchasing,and are they hard to install..(i guess i'm asking should a pro do it)i did install my v&h big shot duals, s e stage 1 and techclusion tfi...with no problems

The tach isn't difficult to install however you can use a hand held tach to set the idle speed , not necessarily a permanent mounted one. Not knowing your talents with the bikes, you may want to research what is involved before jumping in to it.

Here's a link to a sportster tach install to give you an idea of what is involved.

Sportster Tach Install - Harley Davidson Community

Back