free website stats program Idle problems with 01 Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Idle problems with 01 Ultra

trickydoc

I have been having problems with the idle on my scoot. I have a PCIII installed and it was running fine until. Now it will not fast idle when cold, and the hot idle will not stay adjusted. I have adjusted the idle with the torx screw at the throtle body and it will not stay adjusted. (sorry Glider I didn't read your post in time) In the self help section I read the idle adjustment for the MM injection. Will this work now or have I already gone too far? I have the service bulliten for the adjustment but I don't have a scanalizer. Could I have a bad temp sensor? also is there any way to check the temp sensor? Can I adjust the idle with my PCIII? Will I need to disconnect the PC when I adjust the idle with the instructions in the selfhelp section for the MM injection. I am installing the S&S gear drive cams and would like to get this issue corrected before doing the cams. thanks Wayne

Does that MM have the air idle control that needs to be cleaned periodically. There is a write up on it on here. If Glider was here he could pull it right up

Thanks everyone, I am having to work today and tomorrow so will try these fixes this Saturday. Post results Monday
Again Thanks to all, you guys always have some great ideas.

Update: could not wait until Monday. I followed the instructions from Tank and now its just fine. noticed the most change after cleaning the air purge holes. did all the other things also and now she seems just fine. she has not cooled off enough for me to check the cold idle yet, do that tomorrow. I think she will be just fine. Thanks Guys.

I would like to thank everyone here for the help, but I still have problems. did the things that Tank suggested and thought everything was ok, but!!!! after ridding a couple times, its right back where it was. I have done the setups several times with the same results. I have no high idle at all. got a temp sensor ordered and will try that when it gets here. cleaning the air bleeds helped most and I thought the idle was ok. it will idle fine for a while, then it slowly drops to about 800 when its warm. no high idle at all even when first started when cold. when I disconnected the temp sensor it went way up to about 2500. I am going to wait until the new sensor comes in then install it and try all over again.

Back