free website stats program Idle Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Idle Problem

Turk55

So I have an 09 SG with TBW and today it started not idling down blow 2200 RPM, and if it did drop down it would jump back up. I am thinking the TPS censer is not working properly, what ya think? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have an 09 SG with TBW and today it started not idling down blow 2200 RPM, and if it did drop down it would jump back up. I am thinking the TPS censer is not working properly, what ya think? :(

Use the search function for cleaning the IAC. Sounds like a dirty IAC.
WAP.gif

You may have turn the bike off when it was at a higher idle. The bikes ECM will remember the idle speed when you shut the bike off and if the idle was high when the bike was shut down then the idle will be high when you restart the bike. To FIX the high idle situation that you have you must cycle the ignition switch on then off 5 times. Make sure to have the run/stop switch on the handlebar in the run position turn the ignition on and wait for the check engine light to go out then turn the ignition switch off this would be 1 cycle of the ignition, you need to do this 5 times and if done properly the bike will idle down when started. It may take a few attempts to do this correctly so if it doesn't work the first time try again.

Back