free website stats program Idle Problem '09 Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Idle Problem '09 Ultra

Hoopie

Recently on a long ride I experienced a problem when I started my bike it would not idle down. I would have to manually back it off and at some point it would correct itself. This happened several times over the course of 14 days. I tried to idle it down and turn it off using the ignition switch. I tried to reset it by turning the ignition switch off and on several times as well to no avail. Has anyone had this problem or suggestions?

You may want to try using a carb spray cleaner on the IAC which is a hole in the induction module at the 12 o'clock position to clean it.

Thanks Glider for your reply however it went over my head. Could you spell it out for this rider please.

OK let's try this....:D

Remove the air cleaner and inside the throat of the throttle body (intake) you'll see a small hole for the IAC (idle air controll) at the 12 o'clock position , that's what needs cleaning.

Sounds like a sensor, being an 09 you should not have to be cleaning anything, it is under warrant, why are you even messing with it, let the dealer fix it. JMO.

Back