free website stats program Idle Backfire/Stall | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Idle Backfire/Stall

According to the dipstick gauge, the temp is around 230F. The peculiar thing is that it does not happen with the EITMS turned on.

I'd be surprised if it's tuning, since I have the dyno run in front of me and the mixture looks very constant across the RPM range...just a little richer below 3000 rpm

What you are seeing on the dyno sheet was at the time of tuning and on a dyno under controlled circumstances, in the real works things change quite a bit with temps and other variables. A problem that may effect the running now may not have been there at the time of the tune.

Have you contacted them about the problem yet?

With the DBW on your bike, it could be a glitch in the mapping for something as simple as fuel enrichment that richens the mixture on sudden throttle openings. All new technology and not too many understand or can trouble shoot it properly.

Yes. It happened the first time in the middle of a heavy rain storm, so it was possible that it was related to a moisture issue. They said to bring it in if it happened again. As soon as I get get it in, I'll have it looked at.

Back