free website stats program idle all over the place | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

idle all over the place

While having a map made, the tuner reset the idle to 0% instead of the 5% it was reading. Will this effect the bike?

Wait a minute. Are you saying you have a Power Commander in your bike? That would put an entire different twist on the problem.

Check the HD service bulletin feb 06 , check your rear injector it will be marked either 8 or 25 if it is marked 8 this may very well be your problem ,as stated in the service bulletin feb 13 2006

Injectors are 25*. What a pain to get to that back screw on the IAC. I haven't a clue how to tighten up the inlet assembly to the cylinders much less get a torque wrench on it. Every time I got a screw or bolt out, I would have to remove another part to get to the next one.
Why the comment about the power commander? I cannot really unplug it now to see if that's the cause because I would be running way too lean with the slip ons and air filter.
Anyways, I have to replace the IAC as after playing with it the screw stripped out of the coil. I was just trying to pull it in and out to see if it may free it up some. I guess that didn't work.:p How much do those things run for?

Why the comment about the power commander? I cannot really unplug it now to see if that's the cause because I would be running way too lean with the slip ons and air filter.

Because the factory ECM is no longer controlling the IAC directly. We both know that unplugging the Power Commander for a 20 minute test would not lead to a meltdown of your engine.

But since you need to replace the IAC anyway, you may as well now stay on your present course. If after changing the IAC stepper, if the problem remains, there won't be much more to the puzzle. IAC's are not expensive. MSRP on my 2009 IAC is like $45 which is not bad.

What a pain it was to remove the rear screw on the IAC and the two inside bolts for the intake assembly. Finished this morning and was a little taken aback by how much it revved to on the first start up but it settled right back down. I won't be able to ride it until Sunday to see if the symptoms went away. Next time I will definitely remove the gas tank when I work on it. The IAC cost me $42 and an instate dealer had one in stock.

Back