free website stats program Ideas for Road Trips | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ideas for Road Trips

Outer Banks of North Carolina..... it's fun if you plan to do the ferry. Ride you bike right on.... it's a very usual place! Still have horses that run wild.

hmmm renting.... Never really thouoght about it. Always want to go on my bike so I guess I should consider it would open up more options, certainly. Thanks

Outer Banks another good thought

Hey have ya rode across the mighty Mac up top your state? I'll never forget it, great ride, you could go up and come down into Wisc. great riding and some great country!

Ultra

Thanks for the suggestion. Did that on my way to Milwaukee this year for the 105th. You are right some great riding up there

I live up near Traverse City and go to Canada a lot, I have been around Lake Huron that would be a good start and go to the soo on 17 then around lake Superior it is as pretty as it gets roads are real good lot of things to see along the way if your in to water falls and bays and over looks, Both Thunder Bay, On and Duluth, MN. are good citys to stop in.

I live in Ontario and I've been there too many times,head to tennesee take in the Blueridge Pkwy. when you get tired of overlooks head over to hwy.11 and check out small town America head south to the smokies ,you can rent mountain cabins cheap in pigeon forge, rest a day,pick a differemt route and head home. Riding time from mich. and back about 25 hrs.

About renting y'all, am about to try it in LasVegas so I'll let you know how it goes. Am flying out, renting HD's best, then flyin' home all in the name of "business". Decided to taxi around otherwise, but got a scooter for two-days while in town. :newsmile011: I'll report back here. :D

mickster (MI):newsmile036:

Any ride in WA state is good. The Olympic Mt. loop; Hwy -2 across the state; Hwy-20 and the Hood Canal loop. Although between Nov and Mar it might be a bit wet, you really have to go to Alaska to find more beautiful rides than what WA offers.

No better place than Colorado. I feel like I'm on vacation every weekend. A Colorado / Utah /Yellowstone Park, Wyoming / Beartooth Hwy, Montana location will be a trip that no other will compare. If you haven't been to South Dakota, go on a non-Sturgis Rally weekend. Another memorable time of riding. Colorado still rules all though. Have fun.

Back