free website stats program Ideas for Road Trips | Harley Davidson Forums

Ideas for Road Trips

MIHDrider

Well I know that summer is not yet over, but it is never too early to start planning next years trip. So, I wanted to ask you guys for some ideas. I live in the Detroit area and am always looking for places to go. The kicker is I have to do this in 8 or 9 days.

I have done the northeast (as far as Bar Harbor, Maine,, Milwaukee for the 105th this year via the UP,, Maggie Valley and the Blue Ridge twice).

So any thoughts on where to go with good riding roads would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Colorado/Utah too far? I haven't ridden there but I read in some magazine that southern Utah is motorcycle nirvana! Colorado must be gorgeous too.

If you'd rather head south I've heard the Natchez Trace is real pretty with places to camp along it.

What about the Ozarks?

Just throwing ideas out here.

Man your in a great start point! As sugested southern Utah, we rode highway 12 and will never forget it, one of the best. Colorado's hard to beat also. South Dakota Black Hills with Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse are must see too.
Dave

Thanks guys.. Keep em coming if you can.

Colorado Utah may be too far in the time span I will have, but the Black HIlls are definately do able.

Arizona from Phoenix up into Sedona then off to the Grand Canyon. From the Canyon head down into Bellemont (Home of GC Harley). Head back south on 89A and follow all the way down though Jerome, Prescott then to Wickenburg. You'll absolutely love 89A. Don't forget to stop and wet your whistle at the Spirit Room in Jerome and one of the many establishment in Prescott (AKA Whiskey Row).

Enjoy.

Back