free website stats program Ideas For A Week Long Trip | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ideas For A Week Long Trip

I was out of town yesterday and just got back so I didn't see your post.
Have a great trip Doc.
Ride safe!

dude...we know you are back from your trip. Pictures, and a trip report, please!!

Sorry - real busy with some training at work.

The trip was great! Probably over did the mileage a bit (1850 miles in 5 days) so we were pretty tired every night. Just went out for a bite and a drink and usually sound asleep by 10:00 or so. Man, I'm getting old. But hey - the main purpose of the trip was to RIDE, not party!

Mississippi and south Arkansas are pretty boring, as expected, but northwestern Arkansas was fantastic. Great roads and friendly people everywhere.

Weather cooperated nicely except the last day. Dark clouds looked threatening so we threw our rain gear on and proceeded to swelter in the 80 degree plus temps without seeing a single drop of rain. Then I got stuck in some heavy traffic only 10 miles or so from home due to an accident on the interstate. Almost pulled over because the bike and I were equally close to overheating but we both made it home OK.

Pictures - as usual I brought my camera and got so busy enjoying myself I only took about a dozen photos. Memorable to me but not worthy of posting anywhere. Sorry, I'm just not a very good photo journalist!

Glad you had a nice trip. Sorry you found Mississippi boring. I guess if you travel the main roads in an effort to get somewhere else fast, then you miss the real beauty of our state, but that's okay. It'll just stay a secret to those of us who know.
Just glad you made it home safe without any problems.

Glad you had a nice trip. Sorry you found Mississippi boring. I guess if you travel the main roads in an effort to get somewhere else fast, then you miss the real beauty of our state, but that's okay. It'll just stay a secret to those of us who know.
Just glad you made it home safe without any problems.

Hope you didn't take it personally. We were on Hwy82 all the way from Tuscaloosa, AL to crossing the Mississippi river into Arkansas. I don't know if you consider this a "main road" or not. Boring may have been too strong a word - just couldn't hold a candle to the roads we were on in NW Arkansas!

Sounds like any would be great trips. I am heading out June 15th to July 9th for ride from NC coast to SD...dropping to Co and UT then down to AZ and back. Its all good !

Hope you didn't take it personally. We were on Hwy82 all the way from Tuscaloosa, AL to crossing the Mississippi river into Arkansas. I don't know if you consider this a "main road" or not. Boring may have been too strong a word - just couldn't hold a candle to the roads we were on in NW Arkansas!

Naw, I didn't take it personally at all. I know 82 and it is boring like a lot of 4 lane highways and interstates, but not all of Mississippi is like that. And, oh YES, those roads in NW Ark. are incredible! Two lane twisties, Ozark mountain vistas.............. The boring highways make you appreciate those kind that much more. Personally, I can enjoy almost any road. I can relax and thought-surf on the wide open straightaways, and then "ride it like I stole it" on the tight turns. Just had to pick at ya a little bit Doc:s

Pictures - as usual I brought my camera and got so busy enjoying myself I only took about a dozen photos. Memorable to me but not worthy of posting anywhere. Sorry, I'm just not a very good photo journalist!

Oh looks like I dont have to stand alone any more, All said its good when you can break free from your busy job and the ride to me is more important than the pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
glad you had a good time. As I said before, NW Arkansas is beautiful, and there is some great riding out that way. The tail end of my trip I spent 2 days in southern.central MS/AR, and it was all flat delta...and HOT boring to say the least.

Back