free website stats program ideal shock pressure on roadking?? | Harley Davidson Forums

ideal shock pressure on roadking??

ron1978

me and wife weigh close to 400lbs. total, whats the ideal shock pressure to run, when riding 2 up??

no such thing its how it feels to you when riding .. depends ya like a stiffer ride .. etc

me and mrs combing weight more than you and yours but i did chang shock oil and run pretty much 20psi all around now

Well you are going to need to try a few different settings. I think the bikes prior to 08 have a lower max pressure and if you look in your book it will show max pressure setting, you can start arround 15 lbs and work up some from there, change pressure by a couple lbs at a time. If you put too much pressure it will be to stiff and of course to low and it bottoms out. When we had an 03 RKC, 2 up and loaded we ran arround 15 lbs. and for us it was good. Also if your shocks leak down over time you can push in the red retainer to pull the hose out and put a dab of vaseline on the end and reinstall it.

Depends on the year of bike and shocks, if you have one of the newer bikes you can put the full 50 psi in. With a no lost hand pump only, never try using a hose at a gas station or you'll blow the seals out of the shocks. I think 08 & earlier max pressure was 35 psi unless you have the low shocks like on the FLHX then max was 50 psi, you can alway let some air out for comfort, but @ 400lbs. I would expect 45-50 psi would be a good ride, just don't exceed the max.

Sorry Ron I didn't see the 05 on your post, here's the chart for 05:
Shocks2005.jpg

Here's the 2009 & later if anybody wants it:
Shocks2009.jpg

Back