free website stats program I'd rather you drink and drive than text | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I'd rather you drink and drive than text

HUmmmmmm, its hard to put a finger on it but the other day I was out riding and all of a sudden I am sharing the same lane as a cager in a suv. As I swerve to avoid the collision, I notice that the girl was not even looking at the road but down at her cell phone. Luckily for me there was a center turn lane on the hwy for me to swerve into. I caught up with the........ at a stop light and she was still involved with her phone. When I yelled at her she only said "sorry, I didn't see you." yeah right!

I am not trying to hijack this thread. I am just confused about texting. Why do people do it?

If I want to leave a message to someone I will leave it on their voicemail or answering machine. Everyone on the planet has either one of those. You know, with my actual voice, so I can explain things. They can hear my emotions and emphasis and be just a little more personal. What is the point of typing out a message on an impossibly small keyboard to send a message you could have done in 1/2 the time with voicemail? Besides, I think text messages costs are additional.

Yeah, I know I am old, but it doesn't make sense to me. What also doesn't make sense it texting while driving. It means you have to put your hamburger down, set your pop in the cupholder and put down your makeup if you are female and do all of that while working around the seatbelt you forgot to buckle. Too much work.

There is also that problem of explaining to the police officer why you hit that telephone pole while your cell phone is imbedded in your forehead that still has an unfinished sentence showing on it's screen..

i hate texting also but out new boss wont answer his phone and wants us to text him

Deaf like a door knob from over 22 years in USMC. Texting is a great way for me to communicate, especially when I am riding. The road needs to be smooth though or the words bounce and my fat fingers hit the wrong keys. Thank goodness for cruise control.:bigsmiley22:

Driving impaird is driving Impaird period.Hmmmmmm

I'm not surprised by the finding, but this being said, anything that might result in an accident should just be avoided when driving; DUI of drinks or drugs, using mobile phones, eating, drinking, shaving, applying make up, looking at maps, turning around to chat or tell the kids off, rummaging around looking for stuff, listening to loud music, all while driving, I have seen them all.

Just STOP at the kerb if you must do any of this.

I or somebody I love might be your next victim.

Deaf like a door knob from over 22 years in USMC. Texting is a great way for me to communicate, especially when I am riding. The road needs to be smooth though or the words bounce and my fat fingers hit the wrong keys. Thank goodness for cruise control.:bigsmiley22:
ROFL!!!! Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are:lero

I or somebody I love might be your next victim.

Sad to say, but it seems every year fewer and fewer people
care about that sentence.

Don't worry - when some blowhard politician loses a wife or child because of this, THEN we will see all sorts of bills and laws. Until then it's only affecting us society worker bees and it's totally acceptable.

It's illegal to talk on a cel. phone here,or text,but that doesn't seem to stop any of the fools from doing it:(

Back